"12 Day Writing Plan"

"12 Day Writing Plan"

Postby Marlo » April 4th, 2015, 3:58 pm

Here is a list of 12 items to write about. It says "12 Day", which honestly, I think is up to you guys, the writers. Pick whatever "day" you want and post your replies in this thread. Make sure you say at the beginning of your reply which "day" you're working from! Do them as many times as you want and as much as you want. I can't wait to read! :D

Day 1:
Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.

Day 2:
Create a character with personality traits of someone you love, but the physical characteristics of someone you don’t care for.

Day 3:
Write a setting based on the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen.

Day 4:
Write a letter to an agent telling her how wonderful you are.

Day 5:
Write a 20-line poem about a memorable moment in your life.

Day 6:
Select a book on your shelf and pick two chapters at random. Take the first line of one chapter and the last line of the other chapter and write a short story (no more than 1000 words) using those as bookends to your story.

Day 7:
Write a letter to yourself telling you what you need to improve in the coming 6 months.

Day 8:
Rewrite a fairy tale from the bad guy’s point of view.

Day 9:
Turn on your TV. Write down the first line that you hear and write a story based on it.

Day 10:
Go sit in a public place and eavesdrop on a conversation. Turn what you hear into a short love story (no matter how much you have to twist what they say).

Day 11:
Write the acknowledgments page that will be placed in your first (next?) published book, thanking all the people who have helped you along the way.

Day 12:
Gather everything you’ve written over the previous 11 days. Pick your favorite. Edit it, polish it and either try to get it published or post it on the Web to share with the world. Be proud of yourself and your work.

Information obtained from this website: http://www.writersdigest.com/online-edi ... g-exercise

Happy writing!
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | CLICK for examples of graphic work | Avatars
Marlo

IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace-Lokason
OOC: Aimee

Re: "12 Day Writing Plan"

Postby Liander » April 5th, 2015, 2:22 am

I'm going to TRY do a challenge a day, in order. No promises, but we'll see how it goes.

DAY 1
    1. Tyranny of the Sun
    2. Siege of the Dead
    3. Crowned
    4. Hunted (The Hunter Series: Book 1, a SPN spin-off)
    5. Dragonborn: Dragon Rising (The Skyrim Series)
    6. No More Shelter (The Vault Dweller Series: Book 1)
    7. To Kill a God
    8. Dead.
    9. Honorless
    10. Ascendant

PS: This one was a lot harder than you'd think. I know a few of them seem like fan fiction stuff, but I've always really wanted to write out the games I play and the shows I watch as official novelizations. v.v
A I L I O S | A X I S
Liander

IGN: Liander
OOC: Justin

Postby Aziza » April 5th, 2015, 2:36 am

Day 5:
Write a 20-line poem about a memorable moment in your life.

My arms went numb
I don't know how
But I know why
The world was a darker place
And I was darker for it

I was hysterical
Even I couldn't tell if I was joking
But it was real
Life would never be the same
And I was changed because of it

The preacher spoke religion
Family shared stories
But it wasn't fair
I only wanted him back
And I would never get that

The day life ended too soon
The night I couldn't accept
But I mourned
Memories linger, momentos remain
And I will never forget
R A S K O P H | VINCELYN | F U E R I
Take the fall and run to Heaven
#Girvert
Aziza

IGN: Aziza Laredo
Lineage: Fueri-Raskoph
OOC: Rachel

Postby Aziza » April 5th, 2015, 3:15 am

Day 1:
Write 10 potential book titles of books you’d like to write.

I gotta give it a try, since I already have two that I've kinda been working on. ><

1. The Means To My End (1 of 2)
2. Give Me Your Legacy (2 of 2)
3. Terror: A Study In Psychotherapy
4. Perfectly Cracked
5. No Way Out But In
6. Adalon
7. I've Brought Friends
8. Dare Me
9. Carried Away
10. The Only Dream

I honestly wasn't sure I had it in me. >>; I better get busy!
R A S K O P H | VINCELYN | F U E R I
Take the fall and run to Heaven
#Girvert
Aziza

IGN: Aziza Laredo
Lineage: Fueri-Raskoph
OOC: Rachel

Postby Liander » April 6th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Day 2:
Create a character with personality traits of someone you love, but the physical characteristics of someone you don’t care for.

He slung the tie around his collar before stepping in front of the mirror to tie it. His hands shook, trembling so badly he failed the first few tries and cursed himself. "Relax, Ken," he chided himself as he forced a deep (if quaky) breath. In through the nostrils, out through the mouth. A mouth that was too dry. He licked his lips, wishing he could just take one more sip and hating himself for wishing it all the same.

But not today. Not in front of the kids. They rarely spent anymore time with him and holidays were one of the few times they felt guilty enough to do so. He didn't need to give them another reason to hate him. At least their mother wouldn't be there today, thank God. For as much progress as he made, his temper always seemed to flare worst around her. But she didn't go to church, not since...

Not since Jacob. His hands finally grew still at that sobering thought. Never mind the watering in his eyes (he had never hidden his emotions well), he used the moment to finally straighten the tie. Only then did he allow himself a moment. Five seconds, no more and no less. A hand came up to run across his shaved head as another craving hit. He reached for the cigarettes on the dresser and lit one. His wife would complain later that she could always smell the smoke, no matter how much Febreze she would spray. Right now, he didn't care. His house, his rules.

He only smoked half of it before chucking it out a window, though. The kids would already be there, waiting. Grabbing his keys, he stuffed them in his pocket and tossed a last glance at his suit jacket. It had grown too small for the gut that now poured out over his waist, but he promised he'd lose the weight again in the next few weeks. Just like you promised you would quit smoking. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some.

Author's Note: For the purposes of this scene, alcoholism is a physical characteristic.
A I L I O S | A X I S
Liander

IGN: Liander
OOC: Justin

Postby Mag » April 10th, 2015, 6:17 pm

Day 1:

1. "God and the Devil Are The Same" (Novel)
2. "Strange Girls" (Short Stories)
3. "Tasa" (Filipino Flash Fiction)
4. "Megabeats Per Second: Love, Lust, and Loss on the Internet" (Short Stories)
5. "Kano Kuno" (Novel)
6. "peace/thorn" (Poetry)
7. "Oridyinal Pankista" (Novel)
8. "Ayos, Patos, Payong" (Short Stories)
9. "The Vampire Club and Other Short Stories"
10. "Seven Thousand One Hundred Seven" (Novel)
|| V S W V N G ||
Tifereth | J A C O M O | Oberon

Banner by Don.
Mag

IGN: Magwayen

Return to The Writing Center