100 Word Challenge

100 Word Challenge

Postby Marlo » April 4th, 2015, 4:27 pm

Write a complete scene using 100 words exactly. No more, no less.

Please post all replies here!
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | CLICK for examples of graphic work | Avatars
Marlo

IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace-Lokason
OOC: Aimee

Re: 100 Word Challenge

Postby Jaenelle » April 4th, 2015, 5:03 pm

I actually wrote this on the idea of turning it into an RP, but couldn't get it to flow into anything else.
...it also just so happened to be exactly 100 words, so I felt it had to be posted. :lol:

-------------

"I said, I'll give you a freebie for a quick bite."

You just stared at the whore, street walker, whats the pc version of that nowadays? Your gaze flickered over the trashy clothing, inches thick make-up, dilated bloodshot eyes and obvious teetering posture. "Wow, the least you could do is make me work for it. Scream maybe? Attempt to make a run for it? Its all in the prep work, sugar, yanno?"

"Whatever, you gonna bite me or not?"

What had this City become? Where the humans were hitting up vampires for cheap hits like they were their Drug Dealers?
House of D'dary
#WritersAnonymous
Jaenelle

IGN: Jaenelle
Lineage: D'dary
OOC: Natalie

Postby Leah » April 4th, 2015, 6:30 pm

I heard someone ask to see more poetry around here (Aimee) >.>
So this is something I did for my highschool creative writing class.

His wings were white.
Hers were black.
"One day,"
said he, with the white wings,
pure as fresh snow,
"we will rule this kingdom, this realm;
we will walk the golden streets;
will fly the great cyan sky."
"But my dear,"
said she, with the black wings,
pitch as a moonless night,
"we are not the same.
The people will not accept it."
He, with the ivory wings,
brilliant as a thousand sparkling diamonds,
frowned,
sorrow evident.
"I do not care,"
He replied,
"I love you,
either way..."

And so, you see,
the Angel
fell in love
with the Blackbird.
#WritersAnonymous || #CAPSLOCKCLUB
Tranquil as a forest || Who the fuck are you? || But on fire within
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
Leah

IGN: Leah Ann
OOC: Mariah

Postby Gypsy » April 4th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Because sometimes we are our own worst enemies.....

“Nothing is, as it ever seems.”

The woman looked at the index card written in the familiar script, left by the man who had been her lover.

“Nothing is, as it ever seems.” She whispered the words softly into the room, the words written for her benefit as he packed his bag to leave forever.

The panties hung from the edge of the mirror; hers, whoever she was. Her eyes wandered to the card once more. “Nothing is, as it ever seems.”

Spying a folded piece of paper on the floor, “Happy Birthday Stinkerbell, I love you.”

“I am she.”
FAMILIA SUPRA OMNIA

Tarchetti ~ de Vangeline ~ de Draak

Just keep loving me; I'll keep loving you and the rest will fall into place.

Tarchetti's forever

IGN: Gypsy
Gypsy

IGN: Gypsy
Lineage: de Draak

Postby ophelia » April 4th, 2015, 9:57 pm

I don't know which was harder, the trying to stay or the leaving. Both offered their own bitter pill to swallow and it wouldn't matter how much I tried to drink one or the other down, it was going to leave me with a sore throat and an ambiguous pain in my stomach. I don't know how long I tried to decide what to do before I did it and when the choice was made and I look back on it now, I realize how naive I was. Nothing was ever going to be the same again, because I wasn't.
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa
OOC: M

Postby ophelia » April 4th, 2015, 11:21 pm

She's a model citizen that dresses in second-hand clothes and picks through her trash for the recyclables. She eats locally grown, organic, non GMO foods and volunteers at the local church. Every other weekend she can be found at the animal shelters across the city.

Every night when she comes home, she pulls her cheap vodka from the freezer, sits at the table and drains shot after shot. She vomits before she blacks out only to wake up bleary eyed and sick.

Her t-shirt says 'Save the animals' and she has no idea she's an animal that needs saving too.
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

Postby Aziza » April 5th, 2015, 2:09 am

In dreams, it was still only the day after. In dreams, it was always happening. In dreams, there was no escape. Where was the refuge promised by sleep when sleep was the enemy? Was it in death? There was only one way to find out, but it never got that far.

In reality, it was years ago. In reality, the scars had healed. In reality, the past stayed where it belonged. That didn't change the memories. They never faded.

Time wore on. The mind got weaker, the spirit darker.

They had stripped her soul for parts.

It was never over.
House of Caedis
Character Sheet | #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Journal

Aziza

IGN: Aziza Laredo
Lineage: Caedis
OOC: Rachel

Postby Reyna » April 5th, 2015, 2:40 am

Potato chips.

That’s what she had overheard being touted as the food to eat while ‘binge watching’. She wasn’t sure what that meant, but it sounded similar to overdosing on television for lack of something more constructive to do.

A convenience store wasn’t the most attractive locale in the city with its garish lights reflective off every conceivable surface. The teenager behind the counter looked like he would rather be a virgin sacrifice to a volcano than be working his shift. She approached with what she hoped to be a friendly, nonthreatening smile.

“Direct me to your finest potato chips.”
#WritersAnonymous | Banner by virgo / Avi by Aimee | #CAPSLOCKCLUB
House Agrippa
character sheet
Reyna

IGN: Reyna
Lineage: Agrippa-Lokason
OOC: Andy

Postby Liander » April 5th, 2015, 2:59 am

"I love you," she said.
"Liar."

Months later, the words still echoed in his mind. The pain in her voice had been haunting and even now, it kept him up at night. To say she had broken his heart wasn't enough. She had broken him entirely. His very soul now stood trial. What was it they said, about better having loved and lost?

Bullshit, he thought as he stared down the barrel. Death would be easier than this pain. It needed release... and he gave it. Pulled the trigger, ignored her last scream, and watched the life fade from her.
A I L I O S | A X I S
Liander

IGN: Liander
OOC: Justin

Postby Tifereth » April 5th, 2015, 5:45 am

You take aim.
It comes natural, now, the weight of the gun in your hands--the sharpness of your gaze in the darkness and the

(thumpthumpthump)

beat of your heart pounding in your ears, your breathing under control, your blood--

(their blood, theirstheirstheirs such a pretty girl why why are you doing this?)

rushing through your veins and the crescendo of

(HELP, splat, hit, BANG.)

noise.

The metallic taste of blood in your mouth and the gundpowder and your erection hard and full and painful in your too-tight jeans aimed at her too-bare-too-dead thighs.

She's gone.
So are you.

(You smile.)
House of D'dary
The Crimson Bitch
Салат латук

banner by the utterly amazeballs miss nicola
Tifereth

IGN: Tifereth

Postby Jaenelle » April 5th, 2015, 5:59 am

Falling is the first thing you feel, the imagined rush of air past a nonexistent body.

You are nothing more than an accumulation of matter at the moment. Mind and Matter.

A distant familiar voice echoes inside your mind, it's orders are clear, but as your falling slows, as you align with your future body, you already feel the first pricklings of doubt.

There is no light where your heading, only darkness.

You aren't the first of your kind to be sent here either, there were others before you.

Why did they fail?

And are you truly ready for this?
House of D'dary
#WritersAnonymous
Jaenelle

Postby Jaqueline » April 5th, 2015, 11:13 am

It was the 13th of the month. It also happened to be a Friday. And in accordance with Murphy’s law, everything that could go wrong went wrong. No matter how good reflexes you have, one can not salvage a situation where an organized chaos is really just a master plan of domino tiles. The sound of something breaking and scattering across floors. Cling. Pang. Crash! And then you stand there frozen in a joint pulling pose, having salvaged an empty tin can. Aunt Eliza’s bowl is in pieces.

”How the HELL am I going to explain all this?!”

”Aliens?”

”…Aliens.”
|| His Swan || Jaqueline der Toten || Birdwatcher ||
IGN: Jaqueline - OOC: Niia
Jaqueline
OOC
OOC

IGN: Jaqueline
Lineage: der Toten
OOC: Niia

Postby Vamane » April 5th, 2015, 11:33 am

Sand, great expanses of sand. He could taste it in his teeth, grains lodged heavy beneath the dryness of his tongue.

Walking since sunset, his unclothed feet bled. He had walked until the light stroked the desert horizon.

His skin, too, was dry; he needed water, needed blood. But he needed, most of all, to sleep. The sandy earth gave way beneath his hands, until 10 feet below the above came rushing in. Sand clogged the hole. Thick cloth wound his face, shielded him, kept off the further assault.

This would be a good place to die, he thought. Buried.
Last edited by Vamane on April 15th, 2015, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vamane

IGN: Vamane
OOC: Jason

Postby Jaenelle » April 5th, 2015, 2:04 pm

I've lost my muse for this again, so I'mma spam this thread with this until it comes back. :|
------------

Falling. Falling.

That split second of weightlessness kicks in.

Then suddenly you're here, and everything hits you.

Noise. So much noise! You can hear everything all at once, a cat hissing, car engine roaring, the sound of laughing, arguing, crying.

You can't take it all in, its too much.

A shot of pain clears your head, enough for you to realise whats wrong. You've dropped to your knees and plastered your hands against your ears.

That familiar voice was shouting in your head again, but it sounds more distant now, so distant you can barely hear it over the noise.
House of D'dary
#WritersAnonymous
Jaenelle

Postby Liander » April 5th, 2015, 2:11 pm

Marlo wrote:In that moment, we knew him.

In that moment, we knew him. The lies dissolved and raw truth was left in the wake. A truth some of us weren't ready for, but it didn't matter. There was no more hiding now. Our world had ended in the second it took him to pull the trigger. Around the room, their faces played out a mixture of fear, loathing, and admiration.

He locked eyes with me, forcing my gaze away from the bloody mess. I smiled. What else could I do? It was over now. Someone started to cry; ugly, noisy sobbing. But me?

"Thank you," I whispered.
A I L I O S | A X I S
Liander

IGN: Liander
OOC: Justin

Postby ophelia » April 5th, 2015, 8:39 pm

You live behind the tissue thin skin of my lids. I wake up every day and see reminders of you, but those are the things I can ignore. So what if your favorite color was blue, and the sky is blue and I'm not dead yet. You're gone and that's what the brag of my heart says.

When I close my eyes, I'm haunted; hunted and cold, taken to that one moment in time I just want to forget. I hear your voice everywhere. Everywhere.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

Postby Tifereth » April 6th, 2015, 1:16 pm

There's a you-shaped hole in the middle of my everything.
House of D'dary
The Crimson Bitch
Салат латук

banner by the utterly amazeballs miss nicola
Tifereth

IGN: Tifereth

Postby Drella » April 6th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Those gears are full of rust. The teeth, once so intricately woven and perfect are dull and cracked and rotting. She doesn’t know how long it’s been like this, she had it all right before.

They rotate and she crashes. The alignment is all off. There is no center in which to take refuge.

She picks up the broken bits, one at a time, and lays them out in front of her.

It’s a puzzle with no corner pieces.

A map with no key.

She’ll try it again tomorrow, to put them back together.
She had it all right before.
House of D'dary
Drella

IGN: Drella

Postby Andre » April 6th, 2015, 2:36 pm

It didn’t take his superhuman senses to see that the man was dead.

Sure, they helped. The lack of heartbeat. The way the almost imperceptible expansion and contraction of the lungs was now entirely absent. He knew all of this as he stood over his kill, wet with blood.

The main clue was the rapidly cooling, now no longer expanding pool of blood surrounding the head of the man. A sanguine halo. The vital full stop in the novel of his life.

He swept a dripping hand through his hair, pushing it from his face.

“Well,” he said softly, “Shit.”
The sound of breaking glass drives me.
House of D'dary
ImageImage
Andre

IGN: Andre

Postby spookie » April 6th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Exactly 25 years ago today, she decided - Today would be the perfect day to die.
She had spent the first ten years gathering up enough to leave behind. A house, car and a set of furniture that was so well kept, it even smelled new.
The following ten years she spent paying for it all, working her fingers to the bone.
The last five years she spent hedonistically indulging.
She sighed as she got up from the bed and kissed the stranger sleeping by her side.
She sprinkled his cologne on her pale slender wrist, got dressed and left smiling.
the24s
spookie

IGN: spookie

Next

Return to The Writing Center