100 Word Challenge

Re: 100 Word Challenge

Postby ophelia » July 23rd, 2015, 2:39 pm

From Random First Line. Didn't turn out how I wanted it to but I'll get over it.

My last memory of him is how his shirt looked stretched across his back. It was blue, like the color of his eyes, the collar covered by the upturned curls in his hair. But that day, when he looked at me, the light was gone. He was gone; he had been for weeks. He said he didn't know how to tell me and I felt something inside break open. I whispered goodbye.

My last memory of him is how his shirt looked stretched across his back. That's better than remembering how he looked when I buried him in the yard.
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa
OOC: M

Postby Kione » July 26th, 2015, 1:12 pm

“Are you going to let the dog out?”
The sheets moved, the question answered by way of an elongated groan and then silence. The monster beneath the blankets was pushed, rudely, from the mattress and landed with a hard thud on the floor.
“You’re the definition of lazy.” He scowled, and walked away.
“And you’re a bitch.” A pair of drowsy eyes watched the agitated man disappear from the bedroom, and listened to his cooing as he took the dog outside.

A smile broke the frown of a teary-eyed mourner; the trivial memory now cherished as the casket was lowered.

- - -
(It's the little things.)

Banner Credit: to the wonderful artist
Kione

IGN: Kione

Postby Ardan » July 26th, 2015, 1:25 pm

She broke, it was the only way to describe what happened. One moment she was smiling, almost happy; the next she was on the floor cradling a bottle with tears streaming down her cheeks. Broken. Three small words had caused her to finally lose herself, barely above a whisper they had forced their way into her mind and dragged her kicking and screaming to the floor. Three tiny, innocuous words. As he spoke them she smiled, giggled and pretend that her world was not falling down about her.

“I love her.”

They were spoken with such reverence, and she broke.
Ardan

Postby Vamane » August 19th, 2015, 5:20 pm

[All I seem to write about lately is fire...]

The heat was like intoxication; he was tipsy on the thrill. The teen set the stick to the paper's edge, and watched fire eat away ink. Book pages shriveled and hissed, dissipating fast into blackened ash. Others — several, in fact — followed suit. The match caught a shelf of texts aflame. Shelf became a full wall. The entire section was gone. The library might all burn, he thought. The whole school. William wondered how it might look — roof collapsed, desks and floors black with soot; lawn brown, crisp; lockers the only survivor, their painted metal flaked and rusted. Let it burn.
Vamane

IGN: Vamane
OOC: Jason

Postby Herron » June 9th, 2016, 6:46 pm

((Covered a murder trial earlier this week. Got inspired. Real quotes, real story.))

His son was dead. Two shots to the back — straight on through, buckling knees and bloody grass. He died reaching into his truck. There wasn't a gun, the police said. It was to escape.

The father said, "It was a long time coming."

We saw the photos, a dead, purple body, laid out naked on an autopsy table four hours from home.

The metal looked cold. His face was smiling.

On the stand, the father cried, wet tears on leathery, wrinkled skin.

"Would you take his place?" The attorney asked.

"I'd do it in a damn minute."

And I believed him.
Herron

IGN: Herron
OOC: Jason

Postby ophelia » July 12th, 2017, 12:40 am

Because I still love this thread:

Can I come over? I miss sleeping in your sheets

Send Delete Save

Love

Send Delete Save

I'm sorry

Send Delete Save

I love peaches

Send Delete Save

You hate me

Send Delete Save

I love you

Send Delete Save

I want this to be okay. Hope is a caged bird.

Send Delete Save

I know. I want to pretend. Please

Send Delete Save

Please stop.

Send Delete Save

I missed you

Send Delete Save
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa