Available Writers

Available Writers

Postby Marlo » April 8th, 2015, 6:03 pm

Vamane wrote:Available writers section, with contact and type of writing they like (forum, chats, messenger) or characters they'd like to write, RBC or not.

This is a great idea! I know there are ways to contact each other all over the forum and all kinds of things, but this is nice for everyone looking for more writing. Fill out the forum below, post it in your reply to this thread and I'll update this first post with everyone's information!

Code: Select all
[u][b][color=#FFFFFF]OOC Name or Nickname:[/color][/b][/u]
[b][u][color=#FFFFFF]Number of years writing/RPing:[/color][/u][/b]
[u][b][color=#FFFFFF]Favorite form of communication + contact details:[/color][/b][/u]
[b][u][color=#FFFFFF]Characters available:[/color][/u][/b]
[b][u][color=#FFFFFF]Favorite book & why:[/color][/u][/b]
[b][u][color=#FFFFFF]Favorite character & why:[/color][/u][/b]
[b][u][color=#FFFFFF]Any other information that should be known:[/color][/u][/b]
[color=#FFFFFF][u][b]Skill level:[/b][/u][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][u][b]Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow:[/b][/u][/color]

SKILL LEVEL CATEGORIES:

- Beginner: No knowledge at all of the topic

- Basic: A very basic knowledge of the topic

- Intermediate: A basic knowledge of the topic

- Advanced: A good knowledge of the topic

- Expert: a perfect knowledge of the topic

-----

OOC Name or Nickname: Aimee
Number of years writing/RPing: 10
Favorite form of communication + contact details: PM's or you can usually find me in the WritingCenter room. (I also have yahoo. marlo.pace )
Characters available: Marlo, Fawn & Samuel (Possibly more in the future. Also, I don't mind making throw-away characters for single scenes!)
Favorite book & why: The Stranger by Albert Camus. This was probably one of the first books I read that wasn't just crazy fantasy / action-adventure, or what have you. Probably the year in high school that I started to panic about life and question EVERYTHING. :lol: Despite that, it's still a great read for me. I don't know. I just, love it. A piece of my heart is in that book. (As crazy as that might sound, considering the subject material. :lol: )
Favorite character & why: Ron Swanson from Parks & Recreation. 'Nough said. I mean, come on. It's Ron Swanson. What more NEEDS to be said?
Any other information that should be known: You can also catch me in the banner section making graphics on the off and on!
Skill level: Advanced
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Yes!

OOC Name or Nickname: Em
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M [reynadactyl]
Characters available: Reyna
Favorite book & why: I have eleventy billion :| Um. We'll go with 1984 by George Orwell. I love dystopian future novels and this was the first one I ever read, so it is also the one to which all others are compared. Consequently a lot of my writing is very dark.
Favorite character & why: Wonder Woman. She sets the tone for how heroes, super and ordinary, should behave. She's been a big influence on my life since I was a child.
Any other information that should be known: I get really enthusiastic about plotting, but need to be nudged if it's longform. I have the attention span of a flea.

OOC Name or Nickname: Jill, or Bean
Number of years writing/RPing: 8
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Yahoo [peachrbc] or RBC chats
Characters available: Alan, Avrilene, Killia, Reno Tarshil, FemaleKyo, Ichigo, Kagari
Favorite book & why: The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's a quick read, not super "adult" either, I guess. I enjoyed the flaws that it pointed out in Utopian society, the characters and their conflicts. It was interesting and stays with me until this day, I first read it in middle school.
Favorite character & why: Kotetsu Kaburagi; he's such an honest character with good intentions. Many of his ideas don't entirely go the way he imagined, and he always tries to keep his burdens to himself; but he keeps their group together and he's very endearing and kind to people.
Any other information that should be known: I'm glad I'm not the only one with a small attention span! [Flea-attention spans, unite!] If you don't see me online on yahoo try and message me, I might be invisible and haven't realized.
Skill level: Intermediate
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sure!

OOC Name or Nickname: Betsy or Bets
Number of years writing/RPing: 25 +
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M or PM
Characters available: Elizabeth
Favorite book & why: Oh... so many. I suppose the one I read most often is "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen
Favorite character & why: Severus Snape. Deeply complex character. A good representative of the underdog going dark both emotionally and as a facade. I just fell in love with the character.
Any other information that should be known: I work a lot. Writer of thoughts more than action.

OOC Name or Nickname: Rachel
Number of years writing/RPing: I wrote stupid little stories before I found RB, but since finding RB, 8+ years.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M: crazy8ball2105 <-- That is my OOC Y!M ID and I am -always- OOC when using that ID unless otherwise specificed by an OOPS WRONG ID message >.> But I'm open to RPing on it as long as we know that's what's happening. But I will always be default OOC using it. I -am- open to forum RP, too.
Characters available: TOO MANY. But mostly Aziza Laredo, Gizmo, Cenendranari, and Zephrine are the ones I'm open to writing more.
Favorite book & why: D: I can only pick one?! UM. Reaper Man - Terry Pratchett. Why? Because it's witty and hilarious and I don't often enjoy books enough to read them more than once, but I could read this over and over. Also, the conversation between the trees. The book is just brilliant.
Favorite character & why: From the book? Death, of course. Because he cares.
Any other information that should be known: I babysit for my sister, so if I'm on Y!M, but I'm not answering, I've probably been summoned away from my room to be on baby duty. UM. I'm actually quite terrified of meeting new people, but I'm trying to be better! D: The Writing Center has helped. LOTS. And I need more people to write Aziza with. x.x But we both suck at meeting people. She hates basically everyone and all you awesome writers just scare me. >> <3

OOC Name or Nickname: Justin
Number of years writing/RPing: Too many.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M (demosthenes607)
Characters available: Liander, Luka, Juliette-, and rarely Eros.
Favorite book & why: The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks, because it is both fantastic and heart breaking.
Favorite character & why: Durzo Blint, a wetboy, which is basically just a magic assassin. He's harsh, unforgiving, sometimes cruel, but he shows the true price of immortality. He loves rarely, but when he does, it's worth its weight in gold. Outside of the NAT, I'd have to go with Petyr Baelish. I love a good villain, and rarely does one come around who is absolutely unrepentant about what he is.
Any other information that should be known: I work a lot and I'm lazy.

OOC Name or Nickname: Natalie
Number of years writing/RPing: Long assss time writing, maybe about 14? About 8+ for RPing, since I don't tend to RP anywhere but here. :P
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M: rbcjaenelle, (I'm nearly always signed in on some device, but I'll be invisible if I'm at work, or have work to do)
Characters available: Jaenelle
Favorite book & why: The Black Jewels Trilogy - Anne Bishop. I stumbled across this one by accident and I just loved the characters off the bat, its Dark Fantasy and oh so gooood. Also where I got Jae's name from. ;)
Favorite character & why: Surreal from BJT, because she's a badass, and I love her snarkiness, which you might recognise in Jae sometimes.
Any other information that should be known: I've a tendency to wander off away from the computer, please don't take offence if I don't reply instantly, its usually because something shiny caught my attention.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Possibly? I'm not that great myself to be fair, I have to do a fair few readthroughs to make sure what I've written actually makes sense.

OOC Name or Nickname: Jason
Number of years writing/RPing: Writing well over 10+, rping around 7+
Favorite form of communication + contact details: PM, chats, or Yahoo Messenger — y!m: vamane
Characters available: Vamane, Niteh, Norris, Jaret, Daniel, Kames, Herron, Nowlin, Krehlee. I also write several non-IGN characters and am willing to create new ones. I am willing to write with anyone.
Favorite book & why: It's a tie between I Am Legend, Pet Sematary, and Queen of the Damned; I am Legend for the ending, Pet Sematary was the first book to ever upset me (in a good way), and Queen of the Damned for the general story and prose.
Favorite character & why: Dexter Morgan of Darkly Dreaming Dexter and the TV show, Dexter. The anti-hero is my favorite archetype.
Any other information that should be known:I have neurological health problems which causes extreme pain in my hands, legs and has caused memory loss. I may be a little slow for forum writing, and if I seem to forget something just shoot me a reminder.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow:Sure, why not?

OOC Name or Nickname: Nikki
Number of years writing/RPing: 9 years give or take
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YM, dhaturatea
Characters available: Magwayen, Sunday-Go, XIII, Nicander, Elijah McCoy
Favorite book & why: Mortal Love by Elizabeth Hand, because the first time I read it it made me obsessed with the pre-Raphaelites for a while and it forced me into its world and I think that's what a good book does. It makes you its bitch.
Favorite character & why: Magwayen because of culture influences and Nicander because he's fun to write.
Any other information that should be known: I have a terrible memory and an even worse internet connection, please do not take it against me.

OOC Name or Nickname: Beth
Number of years writing/RPing: 20+
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YM or Skype - YM= rbc_nemesis, Skype = beth.mcmarlin1. Also beth.mcmarlin@gmail.com...it goes to my phone, I can reply anytime.
Characters available: Nemesis
Favorite book & why: It is truly a shame to try to pick just one. I wont do it. :P
Favorite character & why: John Heath from Area 187: Almost Hell. He's just a bad ass motherfucker. Or Stuart Redman from The Stand...or...or...again...too...many...~head explodes~
Any other information that should be known: I am a published author for a series of books still ongoing. (under a non de plume, of course :P ) I have to shove gaming time to the back burner sometimes, but I always get back.
Skill Level: Advanced/Expert
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sorry, no. Don't even do my own proofing. I pay someone to do that for me...lol. Obviously I don't utilize them for gaming :P

OOC Name or Nickname: Donnie
Number of years writing/RPing: Here? Going on 12. I've wrote for a total of about 15.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Yahoo is easiest, if I'm not actively on a computer, if I am, then whatever you want, although, more often than not I would like live RP. Will do longform at any given point. You can PM me here, or contact me on Y!M: vm.falchor, I've also taken to a Kik account: DemosSabre
Characters available: I won't name them all, but there is a grand total of at least 9 at the moment.
Favorite book & why: This is too hard to answer properly, I literally have over a thousand books in my possession, and have read at least that of others. If I had to pick, it's a tie between three, all of which are by the same author, James Byron Huggins, and they are: Levaithan, Night Bringer, and Hunter, all of which have different aspects of various religions and types of good and evil in them. If someone wishes to ask at length, I will describe them personally.
Favorite character & why: Not a character, a pantheon, The Norse Gods. I've just always been drawn to their mythos. Characters from books.... Lemme see... Wrath, Rhage and Vishious from Black Dagger Brotherhood for various reasons be it actions or grown similes to Mr. Falchor; Harry Dresden, because a he's a bad ass wizard, obviously. Too many to list, be it characters or reasons.
Any other information that should be known: I have two kids, and I work two jobs, my time is either doing that, sleeping, cooking at home, or researching various things, playing video games, and reading. I will make time for you, as long as you understand my work and family will ALWAYS come first, and there are weeks where I don't get a day off.
Skill level: Advanced-expert if given enough time to prepare for a specific role.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Of course.

OOC Name or Nickname: Bri.
Number of years writing/RPing: A lot.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: the.vicious_kind@yahoo.de . This is my favorite form of communication. Don't be shy! Hit me up.
Characters available: William Barton, Birdy, Joseph, Grin, Jacobi Funk, Gracey, Bud, Ashley, Bethaline, Vanderbilt, Elliot McCoy, WTFAntoinette.
Favorite book & why: ican'tconcentrateenoughtoreadshutup
Favorite character & why: idfk
Any other information that should be known: Stuff.
Skill level: Intermediate.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sure.

OOC Name or Nickname: Mariah
Number of years writing/RPing: Uh... A lot? I've been writing since I was a kid. I guess >.> On RB though: seven years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YIM leahann.corbin
Characters available: A handful. And I'm always up for making new ones too!
Favorite book & why: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, The End of Alice by A.M. Homes, and The Dark Tower series books by Stephen King. All because they left me rather fucked-up. Which I dig >.>
Favorite character & why: Roland Deschain. Lots of depth. I love how he is so unlovable, and yet. You love him.
Any other information that should be known: Uh. I'm pretty much always around. Down for whatever!
Skill level:Intermediate/Advanced. Opinions vary, obvs.

OOC Name or Nickname: Sir
Number of years writing/RPing: 7ish
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Forum PM
Characters available: Scythian
Favorite book & why: Hard to say. I love Kurt Vonnegut, H.P. Hovercraft, .. ducking auto-correct, I quit.
Favorite character & why: Kilgore Trout. Because he is the quintessential actualization of the American Dream.
Any other information that should be known: For the past few years Scythian was OOC: Deleted for Cheating IC: Jailed for undisclosed crimes by Ravenblack.
Skill level: Painfully intense
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Not particularly.

OOC Name or Nickname: Nita
Number of years writing/RPing: 12 years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: x_scarecrow (yim) and Chats
Characters available: -scarecrow-, Dunkel, Mycah, Pato
Favorite book & why: Silence of the Lambs because omaigawd Hannibal. Omaigawd.
Favorite character & why: Hannibal Lector because he gives me lady boners.
Any other information that should be known: I have a fucked up sense of humor. I typically keep it to myself. Sometimes it slips.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sure...doesn't mean I'll be successful.

OOC Name or Nickname: Jess
Number of years writing/RPing: 8 years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: PM or YIM heavensfire77@yahoo.com
Characters available: Gaberiella
Favorite book & why: The Dresden Files, just began reading them, first time not reading a romance novel lol and I love it how he explains what everything is and Harry's commentary on things is wonderful.
Favorite character & why: I love Harry Dresden because he is a smartass and hilarious as well as Bob from the Dresden Files because well he is Bob.
Any other information that should be known: I am a huge Marvel fan and love to read and write. Though I haven't really gotten to write with many people since I first joined this game so hoping to get to change that here soon.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sure I will give it a try. Don't make any promises though.

OOC Name or Nickname: Stef
Number of years writing/RPing: 13
Favorite form of communication + contact details: PM here. Occasionally YM but stupid Apple with stupid Messenger made it stupid
Characters available: AstaTheScourge
Favorite book & why: Currently The Warded Man and the rest of the books in The Demon Cycle. Each book in the series continues the action in the present day (at least, the present day of the story) as well as delving deeper into a character's past. Most of the characters aren't really "good" or "evil," and even the "bad" guys think they're doing "good." It's kind of similar to why I like A Song of Ice and Fire, except without main characters dying every third page. IRL, no one is just good or bad; we're all shades of grey. Back to the book, though, demon hunting, music magic, wars, it's fun.
Favorite character & why: My favorite character is from a different series, hopefully that's allowed, because Professor Snape is just a really cool dude. He spent 17 years repenting a mistake, protecting the child of the woman he loved and a man he hated. Double-crossing Voldemort just took guts.
Any other information that should be known: My availability is rough. Some days I'll be around for hours; some days not at all. Depends on work (yay, no more extended hours), whether or not my SO is doing music stuff at the studio, whether I've caught someone else's germs, etc. Don't take it personally. Also I might have just forgotten because something shiny distracted me.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: usually, unless it's a rush job (like, for example, I've been planning something in my head for a few weeks and then here comes Cap, oh shit, now Asta has to have done it yesterday because I spent too much time planning and not enough time writing)

OOC Name or Nickname: Jenn
Number of years writing/RPing: 7 years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YIM; Kartik - nakirshadow , Elvina - elvinatragictina
Characters available: Kartik, Elvina
Favorite book & why: So many...I'm into like teen novels because ridiculous fake romance and drama. I'm lame...
Favorite character & why: So many...I'm into like teen novels because romance and shit. I'm lame.
Any other information that should be known: I'm always around, don't make me always the first to start RP's. And if you need to leave, please tell and not vanish so I don't wait for hours on a reply. I have zero patience with that unless I know you are busy.

OOC Name or Nickname: Niia
Number of years writing/RPing: 12
Favorite form of communication + contact details: I prefer y!m (catch me at niiawc9(at)yahoo.com, but also do some forum based writing.
Characters available: Jaqueline, Rejdan, Eleonora (and a load of non-IG characters)
Favorite book & why: Outlander, I have a thing for highlanders... A close second is The Whisperer, because I love plot twists and mysteries and not shy about horror and gore.
Favorite character & why: Tyrion Lannister, because he is witty, funny in all the good and bad ways and just a different character. Long live the Imp!
Any other information that should be known: I live in Finland, time wise roughly 7-8 hours ahead of most of you across the Atlantic which can sometimes be difficult :( And English is my third language so bare with my grammatical flaws please. Other than that, I love writing anything from comedy to drama, horror to smut, piece of daily life to history tidbits.
Skill level: Advanced, I have written a number of genres over the years and can commit to wider, longer lasting plots.

OOC Name or Nickname: Kyle
Number of years writing/RPing: 11
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Yahoo (infernal_archfiend) and Forum PM.
Characters available: Master Dracula, Weapon X
Favorite book & why: The Da Vinci Code. It was the probably the one book who got me absolutely obsessed about the mysterious things in life - Templar Knights, code breaking and my personal favourite conspiracy theory - THE ILLUMINATI. Those who know me know for sure how I can spend several DAYS talking about illuminati and not even get bored about the subject. >.> Subliminal messages in songs, cartoons, anything Disney related, famous artists, cover ups, assassinations, 9/11, Cicada 3301, that still missing MH 370 plane... You name it. IT'S ALL JUST FASCINATING, RIGHT?!
Favorite character & why: Freddy Krueger from 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' (I shouldn't even have to mention that!) Freddy was probably the one thing I was introduced to as a kid that I found absolutely terrifying. As in too-fucking-scared-to-get-up-and-turn-the-tv-off-at-night terrifying. I eventually ended up growing up loving the character, how fucked up in the head he was all while managing to add a hint of lulz when totally gutting people. (yay gore!) Mr Krueger is a nightmare turned inspiration really. Also, can you EVER forget the "One, two, Freddy's coming for you" song? I don't think you can!
Any other information that should be known: I live on a small island that a lot of people here think I absolutely made up! (I'm UTC +4) Ask me about it if you want to know but I do like to keep some mystery to myself too! I also abso-fucking-lutely love cats and big felines, animals in general. I enjoy positivity and people who like to share. I talk about a lot of weird things and conspiracy theories so you can absolutely do it back too, get weird! And finally, I've -always- been passionate about psychology so I might end up being totally into your brains. (no pun intended)
Skill level: Intermediate/Advanced
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Of course!

OOC Name or Nickname: Liz
Number of years writing/RPing: 10-11
Favorite form of communication + contact details: melanctha20@gmail.com (email) or melanctha.demarchis (Y!M)
Characters available: Currently just melanctha. I have up to 3 others on grid that may be in play later.
Favorite book & why: Ugh - I haven't read much books in awhile cause I don't like reading while I am taking courses etc. I really loved One Thousand and One Nights or the stories Queen Scheherazade tells to stave off her execution by the king. Fantastic read.
Favorite character & why: ugh this one is terribly difficult. I'll go with Merida from Brave because she reminds me of Mel.
Any other information that should be known: I am a PhD candidate in chemistry. Be aware that my schedule is dumb.
Skill level: Basic (what I feel like) to advanced (what I am suspect other people think). I have very bad self image about my writing because of bad experiences with the RP process when I first started in the communities. Its nothing personal about anyone in particular, i just don't have a lot of confidence.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Flow and spelling yes. Grammar not likely - its not my strength.

OOC Name or Nickname: Samantha, but you can call me Sam.
Number of years writing/RPing: Twelve years writing - Six years RPing
Favorite form of communication + contact details: I am not really fussed, pm here or my yahoo is xxmonster.steinxx.
Characters available:Stein, Akihiko, junsei_suki and Marietta
Favorite book & why: Jane Eyer. This book is the reason I decided to be a writer.
Favorite character & why: Elizabeth Bennett. She is my heroine.
Any other information that should be known: I'm not all that patient, if I am in the mood to write then I sometimes forget that the other person might not be.
Skill level: Advanced.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: I am willing to read over what you have written but I can't check for grammar and spelling due to dyslexia.

OOC Name or Nickname: Jack
Number of years writing/RPing: 10 or so
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YIM, chats. ID: roseairies
Characters available: John (Asphyxiated), Ezra
Favorite book & why: Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov. If you've read it, you know why.
Favorite character & why: Erik Lehnsherr from X-Men. I love him, ask me about it and prepare for an essay. (if anyone likes x-men i also write a badass erik, hmu seriously)
Any other information that should be known: I have super bad memory and forget to do things, but I'm mostly harmless and don't be scared of me pls
Skill level: Intermediate/i write ok
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Flow yes. Spelling is dumb, and grammar rules are meant to be broken.

OOC Name or Nickname: Mikki
Number of years writing/RPing: Writing since I could write, RPing since I discovered the internet at twelve - so nearly ten years.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: I'm on my phone all the time. Phone number available upon request, but I also have Yahoo, Gmail, Snapchat, Instagram, and Tumblr that I'm broadly addicted to.
Characters available: Niala, Amora
Favorite book & why: You're going to make me choose?!?! Ugh, fiiiiine...I have to say The Two Princesses Of Bamarre, because it's a left-field fantasy with romance, adventure, dragons, disease, fairies, battles, embroidery, and seven-league boots.
Favorite character & why: So hard to choose. Ugh. Best to say a few. Hermione Granger, Arya Stark, Arya of the Inheritance Cycle, Stevie Rae Johnson, Aquamarine, Ariel....sensing a theme yet?
Any other information that should be known: I am a goofball. And I have been cursed to mobile as of late.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: If I feel like it and my phone's not being an ass.

OOC Name or Nickname: Rini or my real name if you know it.
Number of years writing/RPing: I can't remember, 10+
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Definitely PM here.
Characters available: Airey, MizzAydolette
Favorite book & why: Queen of The Damned, cliche I know but I love the layered way Anne Rice writes, the multiple characters and intertwining story lines. Since the first time I read the book it's been my favorite re-read. There's just something amazing about how she weaves a story.
Favorite character & why: Well, clearly Akasha for my own personal bias. Black vampire queen? HELLO! Right up my alley. But beyond that, the story behind Akasha and how she became a vampire inspired me to write Airey and really expand on her story. Akasha Queen of the Damned is probably one of the most interesting vampires written. IMHO
Any other information that should be known: I'm a busy chick. I work pretty much 24/7 It doesn't leave much room for Live RP. Forum or long form (co-writing) is probably going to be your best bet when collaborating with me.
Skill level: Advanced/Expert
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: If I love you.

OOC Name or Nickname: Mouse
Number of years writing/RPing: Since forever.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: y!m: boogeypone best way to get in contact. Hit me up!
Characters available: Pone + others.
Favorite book & why: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Why? 'Cause Jane a bad b***h.
Favorite character & why: Dean from Supernatural, because who doesn't love an adorkable tough-guy. Justwanttopinchhiswittlecheeks.
Any other information that should be known: I love to make my character's suffer.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sure, I'll do my best.

OOC Name or Nickname: Sid
Number of years writing/RPing: Oh lord, many.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: y!m, almost always available at streetrhet
Characters available: Rhet & others, [ask me about my harem]
Favorite book & why: Naked Lunch by William S Burroughs, because his masterful use of language, introducing characters, description, and use of the thought train. Circular storytelling, woop woop.
Favorite character & why: Um.. maybe H.AL from 2001. Because the way he's written and the psychology behind it.
Any other information that should be known: I'm obsessed with internal processing. "Why" is probably my favorite question.
Skill level: Intermediate to advanced
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Unless it's mobile, oui

OOC Name or Nickname: Ian
Number of years writing/RPing: 4 years writing with a partner, 3 years RPing in a community.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Yahoo! onyokneesplz is the easiest way to get ahold of me.
Characters available: Rose for IG, but I'm not opposed to creating.
Favorite book & why: Burnt Shadows; Beauty; All The Birds, Singing; or (from when I was younger) Hawksong. They make me feel, and I love the catharsis they give.
Favorite character & why: Hannibal Lector. He's a puzzle that I wish I could solve, and knowing I would never be able to reminds me a) that I suck at puzzles, and b) I haven't quite lost myself yet.
Any other information that should be known: I am awful, awful, with NPCs.
Skill level: Basic, I think.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: I would be more than happy to help, but I don't know how effective I'll be.

OOC Name or Nickname: Dre.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Necro PMs.
Characters available: 1 (Decora).
Favorite book & why: White Oleanders by Janet Fitch, because the internal process of the main character is very unique. It's both analytical and artistic in a way that makes me able to read this book (and I still do) once a year.
Favorite character & why: Jessa from the HBO Show Girls. She's unorthodox and free spirited. No one (including a licensed therapist) could figure her out.
Any other information that should be known: I have a weird schedule that had recently been being tinkered around with. So if there's an idea for an RP, I need a heads up and I can send my availability. Monday afternoons and Tuesdays work the best, so far.
Skill level: Intermediate - Advanced.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: For any forum posts, yes. I normally do 3 drafts handwritten before I even go near a keyboard.

OOC Name or Nickname: Adam
Number of years writing/RPing: If the picture books I made in 4th grade count, over 20 years. Serious writing, 14.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: OOC: Skype (xedanis.sykonra) IC: Yahoo Messenger (adswatson).
Characters available: Xedanis (Vampire, main) and Corvun (Atlantean, non-grid).
Favorite book & why: I'm addicted to the Horus Heresy series by the Black Library. Without those books I'd have no idea how to write a good battle scene.
Favorite character & why: This is the part where people expect me to say Jack Sparrow! Alas, no. I don't actually have one favorite. I like to be eclectic.
Any other information that should be known: I'm a DJ. Expect anything you say to Xedanis that isn't specifically private or confidential to show up as a humorous Anecdote on Sanctuary at some point. :P
Skill level:Advanced
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Usually no, because I suffer from a chronic case of No Attention Span. :P

OOC Name or Nickname: Kat... Or if you know my real name...
Number of years writing/RPing: Uhm 10+
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YIM (xxtattooed.kittykatxx)
Characters available: Katrana, Lyra, Sorrin, Xandria(by yim only)
Favorite book & why: Ohmigeez, gotta make me choose.... I would have to say The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. They are so mulitlayered and beautifully written, I can never hope to write such three dimensional characters.
Favorite character & why: Honestly, my favorite character(s) of all time are the dogs from where the red fern grows. They meant so much to the boy and were fiercely protective of him and each other. I imagine my characters to be like that sometimes.
Any other information that should be known: I live in Texas, and am usually on during the day and night (I have insomnia) I take care of 4 kids during the day so I just kinda pop in and out. I'm almost always reachable by YIM. I also have a disease akin to Lupus and sometimes get in horrible moods because of the shots or the pain. When this happens, just ask if it's bad... I'll answer honestly.
Skill level: Advanced (though grammar sucks)
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Yes, but no promises that you'll like it.

OOC Name or Nickname: Felix or Fe
Number of years writing/RPing: 8-9ish
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YIM d_harrington91@yahoo
Characters available: Khronic, Logahn and I also write a few off grid cuties~
Favorite book & why: The Gargoyle. I wont tell you why...Im just begging you to read it.
Favorite character & why: Ronan Lynch from the Raven boys because he's heat lightning in the middle of July.
Any other information that should be known: I have a wild job and so I will be gone for chunks of time.
Skill level: intermediate
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: You got it!

OOC Name or Nickname: Nolan
Number of years writing/RPing: Around twelve
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M Or RBC Chats: strength_of_elements on Y!M
Characters available: Yami and I can create/throw away others as needed
Favorite book & why:Well, my favorite book is a trilogy by Bernard Cornwell titled the Archer's Tale Trilogy and it is such due to the in depth nature of his writing and the comprehensive understanding of the topic at hand.
Favorite character & why: Well, As far as RBC goes, Yami is the only character I've stuck to writing, although I"ve written many through other mediums, he takes the cake.
Any other information that should be known:
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: I think I'm infamous for my attention to punctuation and spelling at this point, especially on an out of character level.
Last edited by Marlo on October 4th, 2015, 3:13 pm, edited 36 times in total.
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | CLICK for examples of graphic work | Avatars
Marlo

IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace-Lokason
OOC: Aimee

Re: Available Writers

Postby Reyna » April 8th, 2015, 6:30 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Em
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M [reynadactyl]
Characters available: Reyna
Favorite book & why: I have eleventy billion :| Um. We'll go with 1984 by George Orwell. I love dystopian future novels and this was the first one I ever read, so it is also the one to which all others are compared. Consequently a lot of my writing is very dark.
Favorite character & why: Wonder Woman. She sets the tone for how heroes, super and ordinary, should behave. She's been a big influence on my life since I was a child.
Any other information that should be known: I get really enthusiastic about plotting, but need to be nudged if it's longform. I have the attention span of a flea.
#WritersAnonymous | Banner by virgo / Avi by Aimee | #CAPSLOCKCLUB
House Agrippa
character sheet
Reyna

IGN: Reyna
Lineage: Agrippa-Lokason
OOC: Andy

Postby Alan » April 8th, 2015, 7:14 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Jill, or Bean
Number of years writing/RPing: 8
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Yahoo [peachrbc] or RBC chats
Characters available: Alan, Avrilene, Killia, Reno Tarshil, FemaleKyo, Ichigo, Kagari
Favorite book & why: The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's a quick read, not super "adult" either, I guess. I enjoyed the flaws that it pointed out in Utopian society, the characters and their conflicts. It was interesting and stays with me until this day, I first read it in middle school.
Favorite character & why: Kotetsu Kaburagi; he's such an honest character with good intentions. Many of his ideas don't entirely go the way he imagined, and he always tries to keep his burdens to himself; but he keeps their group together and he's very endearing and kind to people.
Any other information that should be known: I'm glad I'm not the only one with a small attention span! [Flea-attention spans, unite!] If you don't see me online on yahoo try and message me, I might be invisible and haven't realized.
I came here for sanctuary
I came here to get some peace

|Human|
|Shakti|Cyro|Rosa|Mei|Eli|Billy|

Banner by harvey ;u; <3
Alan

IGN: Alan
OOC: Bean

Postby Elizabeth » April 8th, 2015, 10:27 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Betsy or Bets
Number of years writing/RPing: 25 +
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M or PM
Characters available: Elizabeth
Favorite book & why: Oh... so many. I suppose the one I read most often is "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen
Favorite character & why: Severus Snape. Deeply complex character. A good representative of the underdog going dark both emotionally and as a facade. I just fell in love with the character.
Any other information that should be known: I work a lot. Writer of thoughts more than action.

Elizabeth

IGN: Elizabeth
Lineage: de Bouillon

Postby Aziza » April 8th, 2015, 11:25 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Rachel
Number of years writing/RPing: I wrote stupid little stories before I found RB, but since finding RB, 8+ years.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M: crazy8ball2105 <-- That is my OOC Y!M ID and I am -always- OOC when using that ID unless otherwise specificed by an OOPS WRONG ID message >.> But I'm open to RPing on it as long as we know that's what's happening. But I will always be default OOC using it. I -am- open to forum RP, too.
Characters available: TOO MANY. But mostly Aziza Laredo, Gizmo, Cenendranari, and Zephrine are the ones I'm open to writing more.
Favorite book & why: D: I can only pick one?! UM. Reaper Man - Terry Pratchett. Why? Because it's witty and hilarious and I don't often enjoy books enough to read them more than once, but I could read this over and over. Also, the conversation between the trees. The book is just brilliant.
Favorite character & why: From the book? Death, of course. Because he cares.
Any other information that should be known: I babysit for my sister, so if I'm on Y!M, but I'm not answering, I've probably been summoned away from my room to be on baby duty. UM. I'm actually quite terrified of meeting new people, but I'm trying to be better! D: The Writing Center has helped. LOTS. And I need more people to write Aziza with. x.x But we both suck at meeting people. She hates basically everyone and all you awesome writers just scare me. >> <3
House of Caedis
Character Sheet | #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Journal

Aziza

IGN: Aziza Laredo
Lineage: Caedis
OOC: Rachel

Postby Liander » April 8th, 2015, 11:43 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Justin
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M (demosthenes607)
Characters available: Liander, Luka, Juliette-, and rarely Eros.
Favorite book & why: The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks, because it is both fantastic and heart breaking.
Favorite character & why: Durzo Blint, a wetboy, which is basically just a magic assassin. He's harsh, unforgiving, sometimes cruel, but he shows the true price of immortality. He loves rarely, but when he does, it's worth its weight in gold. Outside of the NAT, I'd have to go with Petyr Baelish. I love a good villain, and rarely does one come around who is absolutely unrepentant about what he is.
Any other information that should be known: I work a lot and I'm lazy.
A I L I O S | A X I S
Liander

IGN: Liander
OOC: Justin

Postby Jaenelle » April 9th, 2015, 6:08 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Natalie
Number of years writing/RPing: Long assss time writing, maybe about 14? About 8+ for RPing, since I don't tend to RP anywhere but here. :P
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Y!M: rbcjaenelle, (I'm nearly always signed in on some device, but I'll be invisible if I'm at work, or have work to do)
Favorite book & why: The Black Jewels Trilogy - Anne Bishop. I stumbled across this one by accident and I just loved the characters off the bat, its Dark Fantasy and oh so gooood. Also where I got Jae's name from. ;)
Favorite character & why: Surreal from BJT, because she's a badass, and I love her snarkiness, which you might recognise in Jae sometimes.
Any other information that should be known: I've a tendency to wander off away from the computer, please don't take offence if I don't reply instantly, its usually because something shiny caught my attention.
Last edited by Jaenelle on April 13th, 2015, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
House of D'dary
#WritersAnonymous
Jaenelle

IGN: Jaenelle
Lineage: D'dary
OOC: Natalie

Postby Vamane » April 9th, 2015, 8:12 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Jason, Jace, or JC
Number of years writing/RPing: writing for well over 10+, rping for around 7+.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Yahoo Messenger is the best contact (y!m - vamane). I write via y!m most, but also do chats and forum.
Characters available: Vamane, Niteh, Norris, Jaret, Daniel, Connor, Kames, -Anthony. I also write several non-IGN characters, including vampire hunters.
Favorite book & why: It's a tie between I Am Legend, Pet Sematary, and Queen of the Damned; I am Legend for the ending, Pet Sematary was the first book to ever upset me (in a good way), and Queen of the Damned for the general story and prose.
Favorite character & why: Dexter Morgan of Darkly Dreaming Dexter and the TV show, Dexter. The anti-hero is my favorite archetype.
Any other information that should be known: I'm not the fastest writer. I have health problems that cause pain in my hands, so be patient. I also love to plot, create new characters, and write any genre.
Vamane

IGN: Vamane
OOC: Jason

Postby Mag » April 10th, 2015, 6:20 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Nikki
Number of years writing/RPing: 9 years give or take
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YM, dhaturatea
Characters available: Magwayen, Sunday-Go, XIII, Nicander, Elijah McCoy, RJ Leyner
Favorite book & why: Mortal Love by Elizabeth Hand, because the first time I read it it made me obsessed with the pre-Raphaelites for a while and it forced me into its world and I think that's what a good book does. It makes you its bitch.
Favorite character & why: Magwayen because of culture influences and Nicander because he's fun to write.
Any other information that should be known: I have a terrible memory and an even worse internet connection, please do not take it against me.
Last edited by Mag on April 11th, 2015, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| V S W V N G ||
Tifereth | J A C O M O | Oberon

Banner by Don.
Mag

IGN: Magwayen

Postby Nemesis » April 10th, 2015, 8:25 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Beth
Number of years writing/RPing: 20+
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YM or Skype - YM= rbc_nemesis, Skype = beth.mcmarlin1. Also beth.mcmarlin@gmail.com...it goes to my phone, I can reply anytime.
Characters available: Nemesis
Favorite book & why: It is truly a shame to try to pick just one. I wont do it. :P
Favorite character & why: John Heath from Area 187: Almost Hell. He's just a bad ass motherfucker. Or Stuart Redman from The Stand...or...or...again...too...many...~head explodes~
Any other information that should be known: I am a published author for a series of books still ongoing. (under a non de plume, of course :P ) I have to shove gaming time to the back burner sometimes, but I always get back.
Disasterpiece

Fidelis ad Agrippa
Nemesis

IGN: Nemesis
Lineage: none, I hate you all

Postby Marlo » April 11th, 2015, 2:00 pm

NOTE** Everyone who has already filled this out, I'm sorry. :lol: I just thought of another few pieces of information that might be helpful. "Skill Level" and "Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow". Please PM me with your responses so I can add those to your Writer Profiles. (Find a basic information of what categories of skill level we'll be using in my original post.)

Please be honest. No one will laugh at you, I promise. And if something negative DOES happen over the addition of a skill level, Necropolis has some really spot on Moderators as well as an ace Admin. They are a wonderful and watchful staff. (And don't mind me rolling up my sleeves and mean-mugging in the background IF something does come up.)

I added the skill levels based on a previous topic brought up here: viewtopic.php?p=14132#p14132

In the hopes that it would help people pick other writers that they either want to offer a hand of help or beginner writers would be able to know who they can talk to or get help from.
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | CLICK for examples of graphic work | Avatars
Marlo

IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace-Lokason
OOC: Aimee

Postby Voltanis » April 12th, 2015, 2:54 am

OOC Name or Nickname: Donnie
Number of years writing/RPing: Here? Going on 12. I've wrote for a total of about 15.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Yahoo is easiest, if I'm not actively on a computer, if I am, then whatever you want, although, more often than not I would like live RP. Will do longform at any given point. You can PM me here, or contact me on Y!M: vm.falchor, I've also taken to a Kik account: DemosSabre
Characters available: I won't name them all, but there is a grand total of at least 9 at the moment.
Favorite book & why: This is too hard to answer properly, I literally have over a thousand books in my possession, and have read at least that of others. If I had to pick, it's a tie between three, all of which are by the same author, James Byron Huggins, and they are: Levaithan, Night Bringer, and Hunter, all of which have different aspects of various religions and types of good and evil in them. If someone wishes to ask at length, I will describe them personally.
Favorite character & why: Not a character, a pantheon, The Norse Gods. I've just always been drawn to their mythos. Characters from books.... Lemme see... Wrath, Rhage and Vishious from Black Dagger Brotherhood for various reasons be it actions or grown similes to Mr. Falchor; Harry Dresden, because a he's a bad ass wizard, obviously. Too many to list, be it characters or reasons.
Any other information that should be known: I have two kids, and I work two jobs, my time is either doing that, sleeping, cooking at home, or researching various things, playing video games, and reading. I will make time for you, as long as you understand my work and family will ALWAYS come first, and there are weeks where I don't get a day off.
Skill level: Advanced-expert if given enough time to prepare for a specific role.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Of course.
Don't rock the boat; fucking sink it
Voltanis

IGN: Voltanis

Postby Grin » April 13th, 2015, 1:33 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Bri.
Number of years writing/RPing: A lot.
Favorite form of communication + contact details: the.vicious_kind@yahoo.de . This is my favorite form of communication. Don't be shy! Hit me up.
Characters available: William Barton, Birdy, Joseph, Grin, Jacobi Funk, Gracey, Bud, Ashley, Bethaline, Vanderbilt, Elliot McCoy, WTFAntoinette.
Favorite book & why: ican'tconcentrateenoughtoreadshutup
Favorite character & why: idfk
Any other information that should be known: Stuff.
how he'd love to find your tongue in his teeth
in a struggle to find secret songs that you keep
wrapped in boxes so tight, sounding only at night
as you sleep
Grin

IGN: Grin

Postby Leah » April 13th, 2015, 9:44 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Mariah
Number of years writing/RPing: Uh... A lot? I've been writing since I was a kid. I guess >.> On RB though: seven years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YIM leahann.corbin
Characters available: A handful. And I'm always up for making new ones too!
Favorite book & why: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, The End of Alice by A.M. Homes, and The Dark Tower series books by Stephen King. All because they left me rather fucked-up. Which I dig >.>
Favorite character & why: Roland Deschain. Lots of depth. I love how he is so unlovable, and yet. You love him.
Any other information that should be known: Uh. I'm pretty much always around. Down for whatever!
Skill level:Intermediate/Advanced. Opinions vary, obvs.
#WritersAnonymous || #CAPSLOCKCLUB
Tranquil as a forest || Who the fuck are you? || But on fire within
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
Leah

IGN: Leah Ann
OOC: Mariah

Postby deaddog » April 16th, 2015, 9:28 am

OOC Name or Nickname: Sir
Number of years writing/RPing: 7ish
Favorite form of communication + contact details: Forum PM
Characters available: Scythian
Favorite book & why: Hard to say. I love Kurt Vonnegut, H.P. Hovercraft, .. ducking auto-correct, I quit.
Favorite character & why: Kilgore Trout. Because he is the quintessential actualization of the American Dream.
Any other information that should be known: For the past few years Scythian was OOC: Deleted for Cheating IC: Jailed for undisclosed crimes by Ravenblack.
Skill level: Sloppy, but flavorful.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Not particularly.
Last edited by deaddog on April 18th, 2015, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
deaddog

IGN: Scythian
Lineage: Chornovyl
OOC: ~Patrick

Postby Jaenelle » April 16th, 2015, 11:25 am

Jaenelle wrote:OOC Name or Nickname: Natalie

Update to my contact details, as I changed my y!m: rbcjaenelle

Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Possibly? I'm not that great myself to be fair, I have to do a fair few readthroughs to make sure what I've written actually makes sense.
House of D'dary
#WritersAnonymous
Jaenelle

IGN: Jaenelle
Lineage: D'dary
OOC: Natalie

Postby Scarecrow » April 16th, 2015, 12:03 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Nita
Number of years writing/RPing: 12 years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: x_scarecrow (yim) and Chats
Characters available: -scarecrow-, Dunkel, Mycah, Pato
Favorite book & why: Silence of the Lambs because omaigawd Hannibal. Omaigawd.
Favorite character & why: Hannibal Lector because he gives me lady boners.
Any other information that should be known: I have a fucked up sense of humor. I typically keep it to myself. Sometimes it slips.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sure...doesn't mean I'll be successful.
Once you've seen the freakshow you can't unsee it.
Scarecrow

IGN: -scarecrow-

Postby Gaberiella » April 18th, 2015, 5:01 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Jess
Number of years writing/RPing: 8 years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: PM or YIM heavensfire77@yahoo.com
Characters available: Gaberiella
Favorite book & why: The Dresden Files, just began reading them, first time not reading a romance novel lol and I love it how he explains what everything is and Harry's commentary on things is wonderful.
Favorite character & why: I love Harry Dresden because he is a smartass and hilarious as well as Bob from the Dresden Files because well he is Bob.
Any other information that should be known: I am a huge Marvel fan and love to read and write. Though I haven't really gotten to write with many people since I first joined this game so hoping to get to change that here soon.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: Sure I will give it a try. Don't make any promises though.
Gaberiella

IGN: Gaberiella
Lineage: de Bouillon
OOC: Jess

Postby AstaTheScourge » April 18th, 2015, 10:50 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Stef
Number of years writing/RPing: 13
Favorite form of communication + contact details: PM here. Occasionally YM but stupid Apple with stupid Messenger made it stupid
Characters available: AstaTheScourge
Favorite book & why: Currently The Warded Man and the rest of the books in The Demon Cycle. Each book in the series continues the action in the present day (at least, the present day of the story) as well as delving deeper into a character's past. Most of the characters aren't really "good" or "evil," and even the "bad" guys think they're doing "good." It's kind of similar to why I like A Song of Ice and Fire, except without main characters dying every third page. IRL, no one is just good or bad; we're all shades of grey. Back to the book, though, demon hunting, music magic, wars, it's fun.
Favorite character & why: My favorite character is from a different series, hopefully that's allowed, because Professor Snape is just a really cool dude. He spent 17 years repenting a mistake, protecting the child of the woman he loved and a man he hated. Double-crossing Voldemort just took guts.
Any other information that should be known: My availability is rough. Some days I'll be around for hours; some days not at all. Depends on work (yay, no more extended hours), whether or not my SO is doing music stuff at the studio, whether I've caught someone else's germs, etc. Don't take it personally. Also I might have just forgotten because something shiny distracted me.
Will proofread for grammar, spelling and overall flow: usually, unless it's a rush job (like, for example, I've been planning something in my head for a few weeks and then here comes Cap, oh shit, now Asta has to have done it yesterday because I spent too much time planning and not enough time writing)
And the wolves all howl while the world around me dies

Banner by Aki
AstaTheScourge

IGN: AstaTheScourge
Lineage: We know who we are
OOC: Stef

Postby Kartik » April 21st, 2015, 10:15 pm

OOC Name or Nickname: Jenn
Number of years writing/RPing: 7 years
Favorite form of communication + contact details: YIM; Kartik - nakirshadow , Elvina - elvinatragictina
Characters available: Kartik, Elvina
Favorite book & why: So many...I'm into like teen novels because ridiculous fake romance and drama. I'm lame...
Favorite character & why: So many...I'm into like teen novels because romance and shit. I'm lame.
Any other information that should be known: I'm always around, don't make me always the first to start RP's. And if you need to leave, please tell and not vanish so I don't wait for hours on a reply. I have zero patience with that unless I know you are busy.
Why think seperately of this life and the next, when one is born from the last.
Saressa's
Kartik

IGN: Kartik

Next

Return to The Writing Center