Character Sheets

Character Sheets

Postby Marlo » October 17th, 2015, 3:40 pm

Since I've been trying to work on Marlo's, I wanted to ask what YOU GUYS thought should definitely be information in character sheets. I know I could Google and find plenty of templates, but I'm more curious about what's important to our community regarding that sort of information.

So what things do you guys think should definitely be put into CS's and what should be left out?
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | CLICK for examples of graphic work | Avatars
Marlo

IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace-Lokason
OOC: Aimee

Re: Character Sheets

Postby Xedanis » October 17th, 2015, 3:50 pm

I think a basic "as you see them" bio / description is a staple. Then just whatever fills your mind. Xed's current pagehas a "Basics" Page that shows that and most of the significant milestones of his city life (outdated, but there are bindings and whatnot.) When I decided an update was in order I went a bit berserk. I am in the process of writing out his entire back story, decade by decade, event by event. Because i am a backstory whore / lore buff. But whatever you're comfortable with.

One thing I am adding in the upgrade site (that's already complete and up on there) is the OOC perspective: How did your character come to be? What real-life events framed your character's experience? I think the human's tale of creation and development is just as brain-yummy as the character's story. Call me a nerd.
Rodargo - Dahlia - Kee - Amora - Jessi - Max - Evie
Banner-low job by Adan <3
In shame and sorrow recast; by fire and shadow, reforged
Xedanis

IGN: Xedanis
Lineage: None
OOC: Adam

Postby Reyna » October 17th, 2015, 4:02 pm

I usually put down, even in a basic skeleton CS, physical descriptors as that would be readily apparent to anyone who saw them. It helps other writers (or well it helps me) get a more accurate picture for RP.
#WritersAnonymous | Banner/Avi by Seppuku | #CAPSLOCKCLUB
Master Vampire
character sheet
Reyna

IGN: Reyna
OOC: Andy

Postby Ezra » October 17th, 2015, 6:13 pm

i don't think anything should be left out. if you find it relevant, if you just want to use a CS as a way to organize your thoughts about your characters, i say go for it

i usually really enjoy when people add a bit of RP to their CS in any form. i think it really fleshes out the character and is an awesome way to share their history. not a necessity, but i personally love seeing it and do it for all of mine
f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a
Ezra

IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak
OOC: Micah

Postby Xedanis » October 17th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Ezra wrote:i usually really enjoy when people add a bit of RP to their CS in any form. i think it really fleshes out the character and is an awesome way to share their history. not a necessity, but i personally love seeing it and do it for all of mine

This. Multiple times this. I MAY Have stolen that idea for the frontpage on Xed's new CS. But it's a brilliant idea. Use your RPs to add flavor to your character! Show people a little peek into their past!
Rodargo - Dahlia - Kee - Amora - Jessi - Max - Evie
Banner-low job by Adan <3
In shame and sorrow recast; by fire and shadow, reforged
Xedanis

IGN: Xedanis
Lineage: None
OOC: Adam

Return to The Writing Center