Avatars

Avatars

Postby Marlo » November 9th, 2015, 11:03 am

Despite the title, I feel like this is more of a Writing Center topic, BECAUSE, I'm really getting into making avatars that properly represent the character. Images that say an all encompassing thing about a character, no matter what's currently going on -- which banners themselves, tend to represent.

I'm still doing Aimee's Graphics For Writing, but I'm really curious to work on avatars alone, to get more intimate with you guys, the writers, as well as the characters themselves. As school starts to slow down for me this semester, I'll have more free time to do what I want and if you guys are interested, this is something I want to do!

The reason for having a thread:

Like my thread where you guys give me a scene and I make a graphic to fit that, this thread should be mostly discussion and informative when it comes to your characters. I want to know more intimate details! Things that people would see and be like, "A cowboy hat, boots, southern accent -- yup. That's Marlo." OR WHATEVER could be represented in an image.

I'm really interested in working your characters and mine, into a new, smaller space as well as learning more ABOUT these characters that we all see on a daily basis. This is not the place for secrets!



NOTE: Agreeing to this by saying you want an avatar and telling me (and everyone else reading!) about your character is agreeing that I might not use your character's specific model for the avatar. Banners and avatars are a way for us to visually express our characters to everyone else, to match up what we see in our heads to the outside that everyone can see. Sometimes, character models don't have the exact images needed to create the visual representation you want, which is why I've written this disclaimer. I can't guarantee that the avatar will have your character's playby in it.



LET ME HAVE IT!
Image
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | CLICK for examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Marlo
 
Posts: 2042
Joined: March 13th, 2015, 1:25 pm
Location: Pace Family Ranch
IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace-Lokason
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Lyra » November 9th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Lyra is....

Well, she's going crazy. Blonde dreads, short, gaunt looking, and crazy. She loves blood and gore, especially during a kill, and she's not afraid to speak her mind about someone. Need more, let me know!
Image
User avatar
Lyra
 
Posts: 397
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 12:59 pm
Location: Fear and 45th
IGN: -Lyra-
OOC: KatieKat

Re: Avatars

Postby Sam » November 15th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Lyra wrote:Lyra is....

Well, she's going crazy. Blonde dreads, short, gaunt looking, and crazy. She loves blood and gore, especially during a kill, and she's not afraid to speak her mind about someone. Need more, let me know!



YES! More! Like… tell me about her habits. Where she goes. Things she'd be visibly known for or something that someone would be like, "Oh yeah. That's Lyra." from a distance.
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Dezzy » November 15th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Hmmm, well she's a smoker, drinks Dos Equis and smells like Wildflowers and Dust. Her most noteable feature is her hair. Dreads and bleached blonde?! Who does that?! She is a dancer, which she is also most noteable for, Damn you Xed for making Lyra twerk for everyone! She doesn't get out much.. The Tavern is her hangout, only because that's where she can see everyone she knows. Hmmm, let's see.... I can't really think of anything else for her. >.> Not at the moment at least.
Broken legs
Image
But I chase perfection.

| Sterling | Ryeleah | Aurora | Alex | Elijah | Kat | Eva | Rhys |
User avatar
Dezzy
 
Posts: 251
Joined: September 12th, 2015, 1:54 pm
IGN: Dezzy
Lineage: Lunar Pack
OOC: KK

Re: Avatars

Postby Sam » November 21st, 2015, 3:16 pm

Dezzy wrote:Hmmm, well she's a smoker, drinks Dos Equis and smells like Wildflowers and Dust. Her most noteable feature is her hair. Dreads and bleached blonde?! Who does that?! She is a dancer, which she is also most noteable for, Damn you Xed for making Lyra twerk for everyone! She doesn't get out much.. The Tavern is her hangout, only because that's where she can see everyone she knows. Hmmm, let's see.... I can't really think of anything else for her. >.> Not at the moment at least.



Image
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Dezzy » November 21st, 2015, 6:46 pm

OMG I love it! Thank you! I'd like one for Dez too. But I have to figure her out first.


ETA:

Dez is a witch with blonde hair and blue eyes, she likes whiskey and smoking. She's also in a werewolf pack and adores wolves of any kind. She is most noteable for her style of dress, being barefoot and hippie-ish. She lives at a compound with 28 wolves and 6 people. Her model is Winter Ave Zoli/Lily Rabe. She likes blood and gore stuff, but not many know that about her. And she hates fire and water.

Because your graphics are awesome and I love them and want another >.> :D
Broken legs
Image
But I chase perfection.

| Sterling | Ryeleah | Aurora | Alex | Elijah | Kat | Eva | Rhys |
User avatar
Dezzy
 
Posts: 251
Joined: September 12th, 2015, 1:54 pm
IGN: Dezzy
Lineage: Lunar Pack
OOC: KK

Re: Avatars

Postby Orgasmerilla » November 22nd, 2015, 3:48 pm

Orgasmerilla is petite and slight. Her most notable feature is her long, vibrant red hair. While she is most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt, she most often wears some type of loose-fitting dress (often vintage clothing from sometime over the last 60 years) with a skirt that is cut somewhere above her knees for easy movement in a fight. She abhors shoes, but will wear them to blend in, if necessary, but prefers to be barefoot. Unless she is attending an event that requires her to leave it behind, she always wears a black leather trench coat from the 70's that falls to just above her knees.
She has an addictive personality. She either has a cigarette, a joint and/or a drink in her hand when she is out socializing.
She is sarcastic and angry, but tries very hard to hide it all under a mask of cute and dumb.
On a cloud of sound I drift in the night. Anyplace it goes is right. Goes far, flies near. To the stars away from here.
Image
Well you don't know what we can find. Why don't you come with me on a magic carpet ride.
User avatar
Orgasmerilla
 
Posts: 636
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 11:36 pm
IGN: Orgasmerilla
Lineage: D'dary

Re: Avatars

Postby Sam » January 23rd, 2016, 2:23 pm

I haven't forgotten you guys! I've just misplaced my muse!

xoxo
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Oksana » January 25th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Oksana Petrova is the daughter of a floral designer and a financial adviser, so she grew up accustomed to a certain level of exquisite, beautiful things in life. It’s something she’s carried with her through the years, and is likely the platform for her career-oriented aspirations in the fashion industry. She likes the finer things in life, but is still down-to-earth. She loves having the hottest new trends, but also refuses to be blinded by the antics of the money-sucking industry. Oksana is meticulous in every aspect of her life. Serious, motivated, and always wearing a badge of cool, collected confidence, she still has her demons to fight surrounding the traumatic loss of her parents. She comes off cold and arrogant, but this Russian snow flower is just always carefully calculating her next move. No worries, though, she still knows how to have fun. Drinks all around!

PB: Sasha Luss [though I understand the bit about not necessarily using her, or any model at all.]

:]
Image



Banner by Sam
Oksana
 
Posts: 11
Joined: January 20th, 2016, 6:22 pm
IGN: Petrova

Re: Avatars

Postby Sam » February 17th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Dezzy wrote:OMG I love it! Thank you! I'd like one for Dez too. But I have to figure her out first.


ETA:

Dez is a witch with blonde hair and blue eyes, she likes whiskey and smoking. She's also in a werewolf pack and adores wolves of any kind. She is most noteable for her style of dress, being barefoot and hippie-ish. She lives at a compound with 28 wolves and 6 people. Her model is Winter Ave Zoli/Lily Rabe. She likes blood and gore stuff, but not many know that about her. And she hates fire and water.

Because your graphics are awesome and I love them and want another >.> :D



Image



Orgasmerilla wrote:Orgasmerilla is petite and slight. Her most notable feature is her long, vibrant red hair. While she is most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt, she most often wears some type of loose-fitting dress (often vintage clothing from sometime over the last 60 years) with a skirt that is cut somewhere above her knees for easy movement in a fight. She abhors shoes, but will wear them to blend in, if necessary, but prefers to be barefoot. Unless she is attending an event that requires her to leave it behind, she always wears a black leather trench coat from the 70's that falls to just above her knees.
She has an addictive personality. She either has a cigarette, a joint and/or a drink in her hand when she is out socializing.
She is sarcastic and angry, but tries very hard to hide it all under a mask of cute and dumb.




Image



Oksana wrote:Oksana Petrova is the daughter of a floral designer and a financial adviser, so she grew up accustomed to a certain level of exquisite, beautiful things in life. It’s something she’s carried with her through the years, and is likely the platform for her career-oriented aspirations in the fashion industry. She likes the finer things in life, but is still down-to-earth. She loves having the hottest new trends, but also refuses to be blinded by the antics of the money-sucking industry. Oksana is meticulous in every aspect of her life. Serious, motivated, and always wearing a badge of cool, collected confidence, she still has her demons to fight surrounding the traumatic loss of her parents. She comes off cold and arrogant, but this Russian snow flower is just always carefully calculating her next move. No worries, though, she still knows how to have fun. Drinks all around!

PB: Sasha Luss [though I understand the bit about not necessarily using her, or any model at all.]

:]




Image





Sorry for the long wait, everyone! How are these?!
xoxo
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Lyra » February 17th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Omg I love Dez's! It totally matches her sig as well! <3 Amiee!
Image
User avatar
Lyra
 
Posts: 397
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 12:59 pm
Location: Fear and 45th
IGN: -Lyra-
OOC: KatieKat

Re: Avatars

Postby Sam » February 17th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Lyra wrote:Omg I love Dez's! It totally matches her sig as well! <3 Amiee!


You're welcome! I was trying to keep that in mind, too. AND IT WORKED OUT PERFECTLY.
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Lyra » February 17th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Sam wrote:
Lyra wrote:Omg I love Dez's! It totally matches her sig as well! <3 Amiee!


You're welcome! I was trying to keep that in mind, too. AND IT WORKED OUT PERFECTLY.


It so did! I adore them! THank you so much!
Image
User avatar
Lyra
 
Posts: 397
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 12:59 pm
Location: Fear and 45th
IGN: -Lyra-
OOC: KatieKat

Re: Avatars

Postby Rhet » February 17th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Rhet is a back-alley prince and holds true to his quite literal street name 'Rat'. Born to an albino drug lord and a ballerina, Rhet is a sick combination of trash and grace. Typically found in tattered, rat-eaten clothes and a denim jacket, he really gives absolutely no fucks about what you think of him, and the same goes for himself. He doesn't care, but he's trying. His most recent battle has amounted to struggling with keeping himself clean off heroin and making himself a productive member of his family. He'll work his ass off until it's bare bone and continue to deny praise or give himself any sort of credit. Nothing is good enough. Nothing will ever be good enough. He will continue to see himself as shit, as useless, worthless, stupid, and so on and so forth until the moment he has something to stand for. Cross his morals or his beliefs, attack his loved ones and you will have a force to be reckoned with. He takes no shit from nobody but himself.
Appearance wise: he's jaunt, skeletal, crazy white-blonde curly hair that's rarely washed and a couple missing teeth.
Prized possessions and whatever include his 25 rat companions, his record player, and a painting of New York at sunset.
F A M I L I A . S U P R A . O M N I A
Image
SO SWALLOW A BULLET OR A HANDFUL OF PILLS, WE'RE ALL COMPOST IN TRAINING AND THERE'S GRAVES LEFT TO FILL

Rhet
 
Posts: 466
Joined: October 2nd, 2014, 1:06 am
IGN: Rhet
Lineage: de Draak
OOC: Sthid

Re: Avatars

Postby Oksana » February 17th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Sam wrote:Image

Sorry for the long wait, everyone! How are these?!
xoxo


This is so wonderful and I appreciate it greatly. I'm not even mad about the wait. :)
Image



Banner by Sam
Oksana
 
Posts: 11
Joined: January 20th, 2016, 6:22 pm
IGN: Petrova

Re: Avatars

Postby Orgasmerilla » February 20th, 2016, 7:39 am

Sam wrote:Image


That's definetely my girl. You have a gift for translating textual media into visual with amazing results.

It's my bad for not adding a more dark/negative verb to that last sentence to describe her. For as much as I love everything about the model, the background makes her feel way too approachable and friendly. More like Janice from the Muppets than one of the Manson family sisters.

I thank you for the effort, honey. I really just wanted to try to challenge myself to write an accurate description of her and see if it could jive with what you came up with.
I was close. :D

School and life are so much more important than anything else. Sometimes those creative juices just aren't flowing. I understand this very well. There's no need to apologize for the wait. xoxo
On a cloud of sound I drift in the night. Anyplace it goes is right. Goes far, flies near. To the stars away from here.
Image
Well you don't know what we can find. Why don't you come with me on a magic carpet ride.
User avatar
Orgasmerilla
 
Posts: 636
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 11:36 pm
IGN: Orgasmerilla
Lineage: D'dary

Re: Avatars

Postby Sam » February 20th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Orgasmerilla wrote:
Sam wrote:Image


That's definetely my girl. You have a gift for translating textual media into visual with amazing results.

It's my bad for not adding a more dark/negative verb to that last sentence to describe her. For as much as I love everything about the model, the background makes her feel way too approachable and friendly. More like Janice from the Muppets than one of the Manson family sisters.

I thank you for the effort, honey. I really just wanted to try to challenge myself to write an accurate description of her and see if it could jive with what you came up with.
I was close. :D

School and life are so much more important than anything else. Sometimes those creative juices just aren't flowing. I understand this very well. There's no need to apologize for the wait. xoxo



I'll give it another go with the tweak! :geek:
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Sam » February 20th, 2016, 4:30 pm

Rhet wrote:Rhet is a back-alley prince and holds true to his quite literal street name 'Rat'. Born to an albino drug lord and a ballerina, Rhet is a sick combination of trash and grace. Typically found in tattered, rat-eaten clothes and a denim jacket, he really gives absolutely no fucks about what you think of him, and the same goes for himself. He doesn't care, but he's trying. His most recent battle has amounted to struggling with keeping himself clean off heroin and making himself a productive member of his family. He'll work his ass off until it's bare bone and continue to deny praise or give himself any sort of credit. Nothing is good enough. Nothing will ever be good enough. He will continue to see himself as shit, as useless, worthless, stupid, and so on and so forth until the moment he has something to stand for. Cross his morals or his beliefs, attack his loved ones and you will have a force to be reckoned with. He takes no shit from nobody but himself.
Appearance wise: he's jaunt, skeletal, crazy white-blonde curly hair that's rarely washed and a couple missing teeth.
Prized possessions and whatever include his 25 rat companions, his record player, and a painting of New York at sunset.



Image

i looked up so many rat pictures and i am officially converted to the love of rats. because omg they were so cute.





Sam wrote:
Orgasmerilla wrote:
Sam wrote:Image


That's definetely my girl. You have a gift for translating textual media into visual with amazing results.

It's my bad for not adding a more dark/negative verb to that last sentence to describe her. For as much as I love everything about the model, the background makes her feel way too approachable and friendly. More like Janice from the Muppets than one of the Manson family sisters.

I thank you for the effort, honey. I really just wanted to try to challenge myself to write an accurate description of her and see if it could jive with what you came up with.
I was close. :D

School and life are so much more important than anything else. Sometimes those creative juices just aren't flowing. I understand this very well. There's no need to apologize for the wait. xoxo



I'll give it another go with the tweak! :geek:



Image
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Avatars

Postby Liander » February 20th, 2016, 7:33 pm

And for the avatar. >.>

Someone once asked me to define Liander in one word. My response was, and will continue to be, "survivor." Originally a Knight Templar, he has participated in every major war the world has seen in eight hundred years. In Ravenblack, it's much the same story. He has survived the fall of dynasties and empires and walked unscathed through the trials of fire that have sent so many to shadows. This is not to say he's invulnerable. He feels. Deeply. But the world has made him hard and cold and that's who he presents. Watching loved ones go isn't easy, but it's something he knows how to deal with.

As far as the physical, he's mostly... Jensen/Dean. I know that's cliche, but it's who he is. You look at Jensen and you see a giant puppy. When you look at Dean, you see a warrior who has seen to much and wonders how much of it is his fault. Liander is both of those people at once and their every expression, every emotion, becomes him. It's not so much how Jensen looks as how he is in the way he emotes. I write him as somewhat slimmer than Jensen, though. Not as... bulky. Liander's muscles are lean, smooth, and agile. Li's eyes are also a darker shade of green than Jensen's. Like Dean though, Liander always seems to have a stubble on his jaw that won't go away.

Liander's typical habits are smoking or drinking; he has an oral fixation. Nervous tics are running his hand through his hair and tapping his foot. His typical attire is jeans, t-shirt, and in colder weather, a jacket or flannel. Loose, but not baggy. It all fits comfortably. He's also always packing. Gun, knife, sword. It doesn't matter. He'll always have a weapon on him, though he does prefer a blade.
A I L I O S | A X I S
Image
User avatar
Liander
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: April 17th, 2013, 6:39 pm
IGN: Liander
OOC: Justin

Re: Avatars

Postby Rhet » February 20th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Sam wrote:
Rhet wrote:Rhet is a back-alley prince and holds true to his quite literal street name 'Rat'. Born to an albino drug lord and a ballerina, Rhet is a sick combination of trash and grace. Typically found in tattered, rat-eaten clothes and a denim jacket, he really gives absolutely no fucks about what you think of him, and the same goes for himself. He doesn't care, but he's trying. His most recent battle has amounted to struggling with keeping himself clean off heroin and making himself a productive member of his family. He'll work his ass off until it's bare bone and continue to deny praise or give himself any sort of credit. Nothing is good enough. Nothing will ever be good enough. He will continue to see himself as shit, as useless, worthless, stupid, and so on and so forth until the moment he has something to stand for. Cross his morals or his beliefs, attack his loved ones and you will have a force to be reckoned with. He takes no shit from nobody but himself.
Appearance wise: he's jaunt, skeletal, crazy white-blonde curly hair that's rarely washed and a couple missing teeth.
Prized possessions and whatever include his 25 rat companions, his record player, and a painting of New York at sunset.



Image

i looked up so many rat pictures and i am officially converted to the love of rats. because omg they were so cute.


omggg yasss! thank you!!!
rats are the best. they're brilliant, loving, fucking survivors. srsly they're my favorite animal. street and domestic alike.
subways rats were my favorite shit to watch when i lived in the city. ugh.
F A M I L I A . S U P R A . O M N I A
Image
SO SWALLOW A BULLET OR A HANDFUL OF PILLS, WE'RE ALL COMPOST IN TRAINING AND THERE'S GRAVES LEFT TO FILL

Rhet
 
Posts: 466
Joined: October 2nd, 2014, 1:06 am
IGN: Rhet
Lineage: de Draak
OOC: Sthid

Next

Return to The Writing Center

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests