To TJ and everyone that helped - Thank you

To TJ and everyone that helped - Thank you

Postby One » June 19th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Dear TJ - and everyone that helped,

I want to say a huge thank you, the Pride events you have set up have been amazing and even more in light of the things that have been going on in the real world. Seeing such a large amount of support and pride...it makes me so happy to be part of the LGBTQ community - sometimes I wish the real world could take after this community, and this is just proof even more that we have something to give.

So, people - as part of this community and part of the real world, we should try and bring this pride with us - lets not forget and lets keep this going!

So thank you.
|~| Nikki ~ Decora ~ leandra ~ vampuro ~ Liz ~ Lyn ~ The Mines. |~|
|~| I don't know who I am - I don't know what I am willing to do - I don't know anything. |~|
Image Image Image
One

IGN: One-Six-Seven

Re: To TJ and everyone that helped - Thank you

Postby Maddox » June 19th, 2016, 4:52 pm

<3

To be honest, this almost didn't happen. I heard about Orlando and was a second away from canceling, then giving the entire thing over to someone else the next second. But before it was time for the night's events to happen, I realized that it had to happen and I had to see it through. It was more than just organizing something for RBC citizens to participate in and have fun with. I was reminded of why there is even a Pride month to begin with. I knew the history, but the things that have been happening in the LGBT+ community only underlined why - despite whatever is said, believed, of felt otherwise - Pride had to happen. It was important. Not just for the characters, but for the LGBT+ players of this game, myself included.

With that said, I would like to thank the players of Lyn, Rain, xGABRiELx, and Sapphira for their help in organizing and hosting events during the week. It was really a team effort, because it would've been near impossible with even only two of us.

I'd also like to thank the players of RaZ, Tennison, Markise, Sterling, -Lyra-, Pendragon, and Persimmon for signing up to participate in the competitions. As well as a big, special thanks to the player of Sistina who stepped in as DJ and really kept the party going with the tunes and her character's sweet dance moves.

And last, but most certainly not least, I'd like to thank everyone who attended. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and I hope you remember to stay strong. Don't let the fear win. Love. Without restraint. Without remorse. Without apology. And be who you are, even if it doesn't align with socially acceptable sexual or gender norms. Because everyone should be free to be.
F A M I L I A . S U P R A . O M N I A
CHARACTER SHEET | JOURNAL | Image
Maddox

IGN: MadHeart
OOC: TJ

Postby Sapphira » June 19th, 2016, 6:41 pm

You're so sweet TJ. <3 I'm thankful to have gotten to interact with so many for a worthy cause. You let me party crash last second to be involved, and it was a blast.

Three cheers for TJ for taking an idea and rocking it. You are -awesome-

xoxo,
Liz
Banner by Chelle, Avi by Aimee
حتى لو العاصفة تعصف فوق رأسي با قاتل حتى النهاية
Kiia's Sand Bird
Sapphira

IGN: Sapphira
Lineage: Sparrow
OOC: Liz

Postby Sam » June 20th, 2016, 10:06 am

Thanks to you, TJ, and everyone else involved!

I didn't get to attend any of the events, but knowing they were going on--especially with what's happening around the world, and really, so close to home--has been a huge comfort and shed major positivity for me and for a lot of people, from what I've noticed. This is exactly the kind of event and support that our community needed and needs more of. Everything you guys did and all the hard work put into RBC Pride Week is amazing and I hope it happens again so I'll be able to attend!

So, thank you again for all of the work, time and effort you and everyone else put into RBC Pride. Image

xoxo
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
Sam

IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Return to The Writing Center