Potterwatch is Upon Us!

Potterwatch is Upon Us!

Postby Xedanis » September 17th, 2018, 12:59 am

YOU THERE! READING THIS! I EXPECT YOUR PATRON-AGE!

Yes, that was a horrible pun. BUT XED, I hear you scream, WHY ARE YOU MAKING HORRIBLE HARRY POTTER JOKES?!

Permit me to answer you, my overly excited reader, with a picture:

Artwork by Liski

KRKN and Port Luna Live invite you to our first annual Potterwatch! Culminating with a 3-hour special LIVE on KRKN on September 21st at 7pm Pacific (10 Eastern) hosted by every boggart's drunken nightmare, Yours Truly!

But there's no need to wait for the live music event; stay tuned for writing challenges, costume contests, trivia contests and of course, the Drunken Sorting Hat during the show itself!

Make sure you sign up for Pottermore and find out your house NOW, and send your results to me by PM (or direct message on the KRKN Discord to make sure you can be ready for the shenanigans we have in store for you!

Release the Kraken (And then STUPEFY IT!)
Rodargo - Dahlia - Kee - Amora - Jessi - Max - Evie
Banner-low job by Adan <3
In shame and sorrow recast; by fire and shadow, reforged
Xedanis

IGN: Xedanis
Lineage: None
OOC: Adam

Re: Potterwatch is Upon Us!

Postby Melanctha » September 20th, 2018, 12:18 am

Xed mentioned getting your sorting results from Pottermore earlier this week, but I'm here to take it a bit further. In addition to getting sorted into your house, find out which wand picks you and what your patronus is. Even a harry potter noob like myself had a bit of fun with this.

Then, I challenge you to design and wear a costume to Friday's shindig that creatively expresses one or more elements of the results of your wand ceremony, patronus discovery, or sorting ceremony. Most creative efforts as voted by the Port Luna Live staff and participants will each earn a prize!

Check back tomorrow for the release of the writing challenge!
Amazeballs art by Aimee
Dulcius ex Asperis| Whitefang's | Fidelis ad Agrippa
Cuan War Priestess | Manager, Port Luna Live | Praetor, The Republic
Melanctha

IGN: melanctha
Lineage: Demarchis-Cuan
OOC: Liz

Postby MoonGirl » September 21st, 2018, 9:18 pm

For tonight’s Harry Potter event there will be a few different contests going on to earn your house points and win the house cup. One of these is a writing contest. To give anyone who wants to participate a little more time to work on some writing we’re putting up the prompt now, we hope you all enjoy and look forward to see what you come up with.

“Congratulations! You have been accepted into the infamous wizard party school KRKN Wizarding Academy. Your magical learning my be half assed and your study time will be non-existent but the booze you taste and parties you attend will be second to none. Don’t worry the people you meet and social connections you make will take you just as far if not much much further than any actual learning.”

Describe your first experience upon walking onto the KRKN Wizarding Academy, The Opening Feast and Speech, or any other strange experience at the school. Write something interesting, funny, or whatever pops into your head, most of all have fun with it!
Anima ~ Azara ~ GrimreaperMoon
Moon Girl Demarchis
Dil's Treasure / Ani's Moonpie / Dama's Spacegirl / Opi's Ladyface
Fidelis ad Agrippa

Sig By Adam
IGN: Moon Girl - OOC: Lee
MoonGirl

IGN: Moon Girl
Lineage: Agrippa
OOC: Lee

Postby Xedanis » September 22nd, 2018, 1:55 am

Thank you to one and all for joining us for the first annual Potterwatch event! In addition to our three on-the-night competitions, we also are raffling off to one lucky winner a bona fide Harry Potter Collectible wand!

If you would like this lovely prize AND you would like your hard-earned Credits (yes credits, not coin) to go to something constructive for the whole city, then enter to win now! 2 credits will buy you one ticket, 10 credits will buy you 8 tickets! Donate as much or as little as you like, the proceeds will exclusively benefit the RB Improvement group and go towards AWESOME THINGS (want an example? Get Suction 2! That was developed and implemented thanks to the improvement group team!)

Keep an eye on this thread for the winner of the raffle! If you want to enter, contact myself or Liski, or just send your desired amount of credits to Liski.
Rodargo - Dahlia - Kee - Amora - Jessi - Max - Evie
Banner-low job by Adan <3
In shame and sorrow recast; by fire and shadow, reforged
Xedanis

IGN: Xedanis
Lineage: None
OOC: Adam

Postby MoonGirl » September 22nd, 2018, 12:40 pm

I would like to thank all of you that joined us for our 1st Annual Potterwatch event! Lots of fun was had by all, in case you did miss it, Xedanis returned from "retirement" to co-DJ the event with yours truly and we were joined by Amora and Lannair and dive bombed by Damacus! There were lots of games, drinks, awesome music, fun and contests! Everyone was sorted into a house and the house cup went to:

Gryffindor!

Our contest winners who each won 50k coins went to the following:

Dueling - Anders, House Ravenclaw
Writing - Jauk, House Hufflepuff
Costumes - Moon Girl, House Ravenclaw
Trivia - Amaya, House Gryffindor

Don't forget our raffle continues of a bona fide Harry Potter Collectible wand! 2 credits will buy you one ticket, 10 credits will buy you 8 tickets, the credits will go toward the Improvement group to fund new items to the game! Please see Liski!!

I would like to thank the entire Port Luna and KRKN staff for all the hard work, planning and ideas to make this event happen with special mention to Lannair for the amazing dueling game, tech support and sorting everyone into house colors. To Mel for being a huge support and getting me through to the finish line ensuring that this event was the best for you all, Amora for being a constant and never letting me down, Liski for the continued support and to our fantastic DJ - who is NOT retired - Xedanis.

Of course most of all thank you all for coming! As always, we appreciate your feedback and comments which can be made directly to any staff member or to our Sarahah.
Last edited by MoonGirl on September 22nd, 2018, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anima ~ Azara ~ GrimreaperMoon
Moon Girl Demarchis
Dil's Treasure / Ani's Moonpie / Dama's Spacegirl / Opi's Ladyface
Fidelis ad Agrippa

Sig By Adam
IGN: Moon Girl - OOC: Lee
MoonGirl

IGN: Moon Girl
Lineage: Agrippa
OOC: Lee

Postby ophelia » September 22nd, 2018, 12:44 pm

You guys put on an amaaaazing event. Thank you!!
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa
OOC: M

Return to Back Office