Whole City RP

A place to build structured roleplays with other members of the forum. Instead of the natural go with the flow RP.

Whole City RP

Postby Jauk » May 3rd, 2017, 12:54 pm

Okay, there are a lot of RPing communities out there that I want to advertise the game on, but can't just post a link and run.

I was talking to some mods for a really big RPing community and they said there would be nothing wrong with RPing our universe there and then if anyone wants to join our city because of that it's not spamming because we're RPing on their board. Links to the game would be in our character profiles only and we'd only ever give it out other than that in private conversations.

So what if we developed a problem in the city that causes some of us to have to travel outside of RBC looking for help and we do RPs that exist in our city and in other places around the net?

Archontoh's player pointed out that we could split up and RP on different places as if we split up from the city to set out in different places.

He noted as well that having an active open thread like this that links other places/worlds would also be a an easy way for new players to jump into RPing in our city easily.

We haven't gotten as far as figuring out what problem there could be that would need us all to have our characters feel the need to go out and seek an answer to that problem. If anyone has ideas and/or wants to be a part of the RP please do and thank you. The more characters the better and you don't even have to have your RP on this board, in fact, if it's a city problem it might make sense for different groups to compete in finding a solution? I haven't thought that far either.

I think the only stipulaton for everyone would be that the thread is titled the same thing for everyone so people can easily identify that it's the same story-thread from board to board. Unless someone has a better idea about that.

Thoughts?
Juggernaut | Lokason | Fidelis ad Agrippa | Follower of Solanea - Hail Robots!
Jauk

IGN: Jauk
Lineage: Lokason
OOC: Katie

Re: Whole City RP

Postby CrimsonClover » May 5th, 2017, 9:11 am

This is a fascinating idea, and would be incredible if pulled off.

I think Jauk could very easily be the city wide problem. *grin* All she has to do is get her hands on a flame thrower and BAM, city-wide chaos and destruction. ;)

All of a sudden we need outside help to "tame the beast", put out the fires that have taken on a life of their own in every sector of the city, and then rebuild once the situation is under control.

Just a thought XD

Also.... Crimson has a custom made flame thrower.... Maybe Jauk should come by and see the new place Dash built for her *cackles*
Crimson Afanasii

Bailee | Daciana | Daly | Narcisssa
CrimsonClover

IGN: CrimsonClover

Postby AdaMaS » May 5th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Now this is intriguing. I think a great many believe new players are needed to revitalize. Perhaps the city does indeed already have s crisis. Without new blood the city is dying. Vampires are falling asleep due to apathy and disinterest. I'm in. Whatever is needed.
AdaMaS

IGN: AdaMaS
Lineage: Mahorela
OOC: Adam

Postby Jauk » May 10th, 2017, 9:22 am

A few ideas have been discussed on the AB as well as here. Somone was talking about something similar to what AdaM is saying and someone else was saying they'd talked to RB about some interesting lore. Saying he said, "RBC exists everywhere, but can be accessed much more easily in large cities (like London or New York, for example). Time isn't so much a static thing, either."

Crimson's idea sounds to me would be like living in Gotham to live in our city and how many humans stick around for that their whole lives?

While all the ideas are different, they all fit together really well in my opinion. Too much mayhem, not enough discretion or self-control among us vampires, the city hemoraging it's population and it all being pushed so far and so recklessly that the very make-up of our 'realm' is falling apart. It could be getting harder to get in and out, streets crumbling and rotting in unnatural ways, sick humans, we don't all have to notice the same things or even all of us know what's actually happening.

I created the crossover RP Universe here: https://www.roleplaygateway.com/rolepla ... black-city

If anyone wants to create a character(s) to add to the universe all are welcome. As I said previously, my hope is to have RPs about this problem all through-out the city (where ever you regularly RP) and also on this other RP board in order to attract RPers from that website over to here and have them have a window in to RP with us easily.
Jauk

Postby Jauk » May 10th, 2017, 11:38 am

I think we have a general premise we can all agree on and the best thing is you don't have to work in an RP with anyone you don't want to. We can all have our own RPs if we wanted to, but if we can all make the title, Vampires of RavenBlack City: (whatever your title alternate title is), so they're all connected that would be helpful.

RPs will be posted where ever it is that you post yours and then also posted in the RBC universe I created on the RPing forum because that is open to other RPers there as well. When you post in the alternate location you don't need to have the first part of the title, Vampires o RBC, because that's the name of the universe already.

This probably doesn't make complete sense beause I'm talking about it knowing what I'm talking about and maybe am not explaining it how I should be for someone who doesn't know how it all works in my head. So if you have any questions please ask me or contact me on trillian: jaukernaut
Jauk

Postby Jauk » May 30th, 2017, 2:20 pm

Okay a few boards have been set up with our city as a universe on it and I've started to RP for my character.

I tried to include everyone's ideas in the synopsis for our city's description. I hope I did it justice! Thanks to Smilner for helping write.

Join in if you wish. I'm going to be setting up RPs for our city on other boards as well and posting the link as they are done.

https://www.roleplaygateway.com/rolepla ... black-city

https://www.roleplayerguild.com/topics/ ... ck-city/ic
Jauk

Return to Roleplay Outlining