It's a Twist??

A place to build structured roleplays with other members of the forum. Instead of the natural go with the flow RP.

It's a Twist??

Postby Amari » February 12th, 2016, 9:41 pm

So I have this idea for Amari. Half of it A quarter of it, if that, is to start building her up character wise in the city. Acknowledged etc. Be it good or bad.
The rest well because I think it'd be really fun and it would interact both aspects of this game: RP and Grid.

Getting to the point:
A hobby/past time/ stress reliever for Amari is street fighting. And I want to incorporate that into live-fights via duels.

((Don't have to read it but here's an example of an NPC fight I wrote for her))

Interactions could be good or bad, i.e, two people wanting to blow off some steam and it's all well and dandy with a hand shake yadda yadda (or something... friendly?)
Or say for example they run into each other on the grid, one bites and the other is in a pissy mood and responds via unnecessary holy water.... to the face. >.>

If that makes sense.

And (unless otherwise stated) I would like to put these rps on the forum. I haven't figured out the details, like how to necessarily monitor each hit vs hit to then rp it out... but I figure that's part of the fun! Just like it wouldn't necessarily all have to be weapons it could be bites too, etc etc.

I figure (if anyone is interested) easiest way for rp would be chats or YM, so that the forum could be made one post for each. Unless you'd like to do post by post!

If you're interested I'd love to here from you here, PM, Chats! Wherever is easiest :D

Thanks for reading!
Amari

IGN: Mahila-Daeva
Lineage: Sherazi

Re: It's a Twist??

Postby Amari » February 12th, 2016, 10:53 pm

Okay so I did a bit more thinking of how to explain this.....
So I created an example for how the concept of this plays in my head... See below:

Person A grabs Person B into a head lock and has B pinned against his/her chest and arm. With his/her free hand, Person A slams a holy water into the side/back/wherever of Person B
Well, obviously you can't just holy water back because your neck would be getting pinched and you'd be trying not to choke, right?
Which would lead too, instead of automatic Person B hits Person A with HW, Person B bites Person A to get away

~~~

NOTE: It is definitely a base concept! I know it probably needs work.
It has potential flaws, but I feel like this could be solved where we as players would get to hash out pre-fight and post-fight foundations/ requirements, compromises, do's, don't's etc etc etc.
We would set weapon limits and everything else. I would not expect either of our character to reach zero! (unless we both agreed on it)

So again, thanks for reading! Hope to hear from peoples!
Amari

Postby ophelia » February 13th, 2016, 2:05 am

I like it!!
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa
OOC: M

Postby Gypsy » February 13th, 2016, 12:48 pm

Another place without taking blood and only using some coin could be the battle dome.
FAMILIA SUPRA OMNIA

Tarchetti ~ de Vangeline ~ de Draak

Just keep loving me; I'll keep loving you and the rest will fall into place.

Tarchetti's forever

IGN: Gypsy
Gypsy

IGN: Gypsy
Lineage: de Draak

Postby Amari » February 13th, 2016, 3:34 pm

The battle arena is not particularly what I am looking for, as it does not help characters/players alike practice live fighting skill (especially when you don't have these 'enhncements' people talk about... seriously what is this black magic?! All I have is my finger clicking and net speed to rely on xD )

Depending on the arrangement used in the battle arena, however, blood can be spilled . Unarmed is miniscule, like bites, and the weapons you can buy (sword, I think knife) are way more exteme and comparative to the less powered weapons on grid. (But also expensive to purchase )

It is an idea. If someone would rather do that.... I wouldn't say no as it would still be rp-able to correlate after the battle.
Amari

Postby Sephiroth » February 14th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Amari wrote:(especially when you don't have these 'enhncements' people talk about... seriously what is this black magic?! All I have is my finger clicking and net speed to rely on xD )

Rather than having to do all the clicking yourself, a program does it, which is always faster, normally all completed within a few milliseconds.
Sephiroth

IGN: Sephiroth
OOC: Bzerk

Postby Amari » February 21st, 2016, 1:40 pm

Sephiroth wrote:
Amari wrote:(especially when you don't have these 'enhncements' people talk about... seriously what is this black magic?! All I have is my finger clicking and net speed to rely on xD )

Rather than having to do all the clicking yourself, a program does it, which is always faster, normally all completed within a few milliseconds.

I'm not computer smart so that's too much work :lol:
And I enjoy the (probably really lame to others) adrenaline rush of trying to out click other players >.>

----

ETA: this idea doesn't have to be anytime soon whatsoever. Even if anyone has pros/cons/suggestions/critiques of the idea I'd love to hear it!

Or even just compromises/etc if anyone is interested but not necessarily grid-wise?

AKA: Amari needs more friends and/or frienemies and/or enemies in her life >.>
And she's really a social-tavern-butterfly
Amari

Postby Sapphira » February 21st, 2016, 2:41 pm

I'd like to have Sapph and Amari get to know either other some more. She enjoyed the one meeting they had. She's been training more so maybe. But she just enjoys other arabs lol
Banner by Chelle, Avi by Aimee
حتى لو العاصفة تعصف فوق رأسي با قاتل حتى النهاية
Kiia's Sand Bird
Sapphira

IGN: Sapphira
Lineage: Sparrow
OOC: Liz

Postby Amari » April 6th, 2016, 10:59 pm

Hey guys so an update -- I know I haven't really been around RP wise (sorry lovely people), but! with the war going on if anyone wants to do 1x1 duel like fights (got Amari up to 2K woo >.>) this is something I could be around for to do as 1) Amari is willing to fight against anyone right now. Anyone, seriously. And 2) it won't require a whole lot of RP...
Be it to end a feeling of stalemate/end a "shadow rest" / whatever it may be, just wanted to throw it out there! :)
Amari

Return to Roleplay Outlining