ophelia (WIP)

Character Information.

ophelia (WIP)

Postby ophelia » January 20th, 2015, 7:27 pm

What you can’t bury give away / what you can’t give away you must carry with you, / it is always heavier than you thought

B A S I C S

BIRTH NAME:
LAST NAME: UNDISCLOSED
VAMPIRIC NAME: OPHELIA LOKASON [AGRIPPA]
NICKNAMES: REDS, O, OAF, OPI, FEELYUH, FI
APPARENT AGE: 19
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: MARRIED
SPOUSE: DAMACUS AGRIPPA

HEIGHT: 5'
WEIGHT: 100 LB
EYES: BLUE
HAIR: RED
COMPLEXION: PALE, FRECKLED

**Please note that everything on this page is OOC reading only unless otherwise specified or permission granted.
Last edited by ophelia on February 15th, 2017, 7:10 pm, edited 15 times in total.
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa
OOC: M

Re: ophelia (WIP)

Postby ophelia » May 8th, 2016, 6:03 am

Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry....

H I S T O R Y

A Journal Of Every Cliché and Tragic Love Story in Existence

PART I:

Into the Past

ophelia opened the journal once again, settling herself into her favorite chair. Slowly, she began writing...

DATE UNDISCLOSED

Nothing is sacred in this place. No past, no memory, no emotion, be it raw hate or pure love is too good to not be used for another's gain.

I have known it was truth all along, but somehow had a small bit of faith in believing that some things would remain protected from his greedy hands. He was an insidious disease that slowly took over anything he came in contact with. Once upon a time that was true even of me, but I am free now; as free as one can be when the madness of another soul has touched you. There is much left for me to do. Much left for me to prepare for. Things are never over when they seem to be.
I stood on the cliffs, the wind whipping my hair about me. I faced the tempest with shoulders squared, a glint of determination to handle the images that were coming in my eyes. Even then, somehow I knew.

Dusk's harsh light illuminated my face and every little feature, whether it be imperfection or otherwise, and even from a distance I appeared dainty and fragile. I knew he would be coming. He would ride in on this storm, and I would bear the brunt of his fury; fury for what I could not fathom, but there would be a reason to brace myself, some small transgression that I would need to pay for. The magic I learned, and was still learning, would not be enough to stave him off this time. My pleas, my words, meant to console, to appease and to show him my love would not be enough.

The hands on my shoulders caused me to jump. They were his, large and tender. I once thought they could hold and shape the world. Now I realize that was only true of my world.

I started to still my pounding heart with regulated breaths while I turned my head so that I could see the outline of his face.

That face. A face I loved even before I knew him, the one that haunted all of my dreams. Though I was a mere girl of twenty, I had knowledge beyond my years hiding behind my eyes, or so my gran used to tell me. Completed by the lack of memory from the tragedies of the past. Perhaps had I known what would come I could have better prepared for it, changed it. My thoughts trailed off as I felt his hot breath against my ear.

“You've been busy while I was away, beauty,” he said breathlessly.
Gently, so gently, he turned me to face him. I looked into his eyes and tried to step away from what I saw there, but his grip on me tightened and he crooned to me a sweet melody, pulling me against him and dancing both of us closer to the edge of the cliffs.

I did not bother to speak; speaking would only enrage him, and it was better to let him say what he wanted. Later, he would be calm and all would be well.

When the heels of my slippers reached the edge and I heard the loose rocks falling, I faltered, my slender fingers gripped his arms and I looked at him questioningly. I didn't bother to hide my fear from him. And then I knew. I knew what he was going to do. The tears fell from his eyes; eyes as gentle and subtle as a misty morning. One of his hands wound itself into my flowing hair, and I winced and I closed my eyes as he pulled my head back.

“Look at me beauty,” he said gently. “Let me see your sweet blue eyes.”
I opened them and for a moment, everything around us quieted, until it was all still.
“I'm so sorry',”he said to me on a sob, and I trembled in his grip. Lightening streaked across the sky and the thunder seemed to shake the ground in fury for what was to come. But then I felt myself soaring through the air, falling down down down into the icy embrace of the sea…

We all fall down....

WHEN IN DOUBT; DROWN

Memories

I sank beneath the icy surface, the sight of his face, now distant, burning into my memory. How sad he looked; how wretchedly heartbroken he was, this one that had sent me to my watery death.

Had I been able to, I would have laughed, for he was so soaked in his self indulging madness he did not realize the terrible thing he had done. I was a mere woman, no more, no less, and though a strong swimmer in my youth, nothing could save me from the onslaught of waves and the fierce pull of the undertow. I could feel the water fill my mouth and fill my lungs. The burning pain was unbearable. I wish I could describe the panic, the overwhelming fear of death I held to me. I did not want to die. I wanted to live and love. I wanted to laugh, to have children and chase them through the meadows I once ran through as a child. I wanted to teach them the magic that I was awakening to each day. What was fear turned to despair, for I knew now this would never come to pass.

I felt gossamer fingers entwine themselves around me, pulling me deeper into the black depths of my grave. It was almost a comfort to feel this, for the chill of the water was numbing otherwise and I did not feel alone as long as I could feel gentle twining through my hair, wrapping around my limbs and carrying me away from where I had once been and all I had ever known.

IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO DIE, APPARENTLY

Memories II

I do not know how long I drifted in that deep cold grave. Time seemed irrelevant. Speaking in real terms, even now I marvel at the fact that I am aware of every nuance of every thing that occurred after my last breath passed my lips and my life disappeared into death. It should not have been possible. But I can still recall clearly, seeing blindly through water fogged eyes the wondrous world that my body moved through. It was a blur of colors, muffled sounds. My senses seemed heightened. The water was no longer cold against my skin. Instead it felt like the caress of a sure handed lover. And after all, what is a bit of cold to one who was no longer among the living?

The ebb of the sea changed somehow. The water grew warmer and I knew I was no longer locked in its grip. I wanted to mourn this, for she had been gentle with me when she could have been otherwise. But I was not meant to remain there

I felt myself gently pushed to the surface. After having been beneath the water for what felt to be such a long time, the soft quiet of the birds, the whisper of the trees swaying in the breeze seemed overwhelmingly loud.
For the briefest of moments I felt the air on my face, air that was too warm compared to where I had been; the brush of flowers against my skin , my hair spread about me like a blanket of flame.

A boy happened along the river in time to see my rising to the surface. I came to that boy, when he was an aged man on the cusp of death and he wept. He told me of the vision he saw in the river that day. Hair like fire, skin like porcelain, drifting down the river like a wraith from a fairytale. He had held that image with him through out his entire life. I kissed him softly on the lips as I eased him into the final stages of his journey. The face he had seen as a child that left such a mark on him was the last face he saw as he left this world. We all came to Death in the end, and I knew she would carry this one gently.

A soft smile curved my lips. Sweet hands pulled me back beneath the surface and I slept. I slept peacefully and safely for the first time in years.
Last edited by ophelia on February 15th, 2017, 6:43 pm, edited 17 times in total.
ophelia

Postby ophelia » May 8th, 2016, 6:23 am

You don't need water to drown...

MORE HISTORY

IS LIFE AS EVER PERFECT OR SIMPLE AS YOU WANT

IT TAKES AN AWFUL LOT TO BE BORN AGAIN, NO MATTER WHAT JESUS SAYS

I was born into a simple life. I tended my home with my family. I dreamed. I learned the Ancient Magic, the history of the people that raised me. I died. It is the part of my life that brought me to this next one.

I was reborn in the water, the water which now flows through me; mixed with the blood that gives me animation. I had lost all of the past. Where those memories should lay was instead a barren blank of nothingness that I could not seem to breech. Gone were the teachings of magic that had been handed down to me. Gone were the smiles of the woman that raised me, the booming laughter of the man that loved and cared for us all ; the dreams of a family of my own someday.

I mourn this at times. I cannot remember their faces any longer. All that is left is a vague recollection that “Once Upon A Time” in a land far away they existed.

The next time I awakened, I was nude, stretched out in a bed covered with gauzy curtains that sway as though dancing to a soundless tune. I felt stiff, foggy and unbearably hot. That delicate place where neck met shoulder was a mass of raw nerves. I know now what caused this, but then, I did not and panic over took me for a moment.
Even now I bear a delicate scar to remind me of how I came to be. Though she was gentle, she had left her mark on me in the murky depths of the water. It would be the mark that would draw down upon my head a reign of love and loss, joy and despair and a reunion in time with my true self.

When I sat up, my stomach cramped with a hunger even now I cannot define and I howled in fury and pain. I was little more than an animal then as I rolled out of the bed, becoming trapped in the tangle of curtains.
I heard a voice as if from a distance, clucking at me, and strong hands pressed me into the floor. I felt the cold bite of metal against my lips mere moments before I tasted something warm and salty passing into my mouth. Blood.
Almost instantly the pain abated and I began to focus. Greedily I downed the contents of the cup, gripping it in both hands like a toddler would a prized possession and scooting myself and my tangle of fabric to a corner.
My eyes began to focus. The first thing I saw clearly was her face. I knew that face, for only the dullest of animals would not. She was legend and lore and so beautiful it was almost blinding. She reached out to me then, this wondrous creature and cupped my cheek in her delicate hands.

She tilted my head from side to side and nodded as though satisfied in what she saw. I could see myself reflected in the icy blue of her eyes. It was as though I were peering into a mirror of sorts, for what I saw of me, though I am not such a beauty, I saw in her. The resemblance was too great to ignore. I wanted to say something to her, anything, but words seemed to elude me so I did not bother. Instead I rose on legs as unsteady as those of a newly born fawn. I stood there in my corner, the now empty cup clutched in my hand, swaying and trembling.
Last edited by ophelia on June 20th, 2016, 10:10 pm, edited 30 times in total.
ophelia

Postby ophelia » June 8th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Of all our games, love's play is the only one which threatens to unsettle the soul

F A M I L Y

D A M A C U S A G R I P P A
The mind I love must have wild places

V I R G O A G R I P P A
     Women like you drown oceans

J A Q U E L I N E DER T O T E N

More to come**
Last edited by ophelia on February 15th, 2017, 6:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ophelia

Postby ophelia » June 20th, 2016, 9:35 pm

It was like drowning, only from the inside out...

THE GOOD | THE UNCERTAIN | THE UGLY

**to be added
Last edited by ophelia on February 15th, 2017, 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ophelia

Postby ophelia » June 20th, 2016, 10:11 pm

P E R S O N A L I T Y
ophelia

Return to Character Sheets