RB Tarot Card Deck [Pick Your Card!]

Banners, poems, anything you consider art. Model Listing (Face Claims).
Forum rules
Malkavian wrote:9. Banner and Avatars
Dimensions:
Banners may be a Maximum of 550 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall.
Avatars may be a maximum of 125 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall.
Standard Post Images may be a maximum of 550 pixels wide x 550 pixels tall.
Content:
Banners must be kept within the site’s PG-13 limitations according to the RP Rules/Guidelines.
File Size:
Dial up isn’t really an issue anymore, but please keep banners around 200kbs.

RB Tarot Card Deck [Pick Your Card!]

Postby Anders » October 8th, 2015, 9:56 pm

So, I'm still AFG technically.

That being said, I came up with the idea to do a tarot deck of cards with RavenBlack citizens. Hand-drawn, edited, etc-- mostly because I will go crazy if I don't do something creative in the downtime I'm going to have, and even though I don't trust myself to currently work with my character, I thought this could be a really neat way to get to know new characters and people. That, and it gives me an excuse to draw and practice with symbolism and color theory (which I am so down for).

However, I'm turning it out to you guys for ideas! What card do you think your character could be? Why? I'm going to try to fill the whole deck, if I can (with maybe different suits representing clans/lineages, if I can? I've already thought of making D'dary Swords and RoR as Wands, but I'm not sure yet.) Throw in your suggestions! Argue your case, and I'll see if I can't stick your character in the deck.

SO FAR, I have:

Ezra - The Hanged Man
      Vex - The Emperor
      Rhet/Drusilla - The Devil
      Dray - The Tower
      Herron - Justice
      Pure - Temperance
      Aziza/Tifereth - Death
      Sahrimir - The Hermit
      Anders - The Moon
      Izem - Strength
      Church - Judgement
      Lyra - The Star
      Amari - High Priestess
      Dolly - The Sun
      Melanctha - Queen of Pentacles
      AnnaMolly - The Empress
      Reyna - The Chariot
      Virgo - The Wheel of Fortune
      Orgasmerilla - Three of Swords
      Laurel - The Fool
      Jaqueline - Queen of Cups

This list will be updated as I get responses, and once I start finished the cards, I'll upload them here as links.
Also, there will be multiples made of cards, most likely!

ETA: A decent source for basics on the cards can be found here!
Last edited by Anders on October 10th, 2015, 1:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
familia . supra . omnia
a devil, a soldier, an artist
i see beautiful things around you

character sheet
Anders

IGN: Anders
Lineage: de Draak
OOC: Kris

Re: RB Tarot Card Deck [Pick Your Card!]

Postby ophelia » October 8th, 2015, 10:09 pm

This is a great idea! Love it
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa
OOC: M

Postby AnnaMolly » October 8th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Yasss
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, 
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
AnnaMolly

IGN: AnnaMolly
OOC: Kayla

Postby Melanctha » October 8th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Can we have a list of typical cards this interest me a lot but idk what is typical.
Amazeballs art by Aimee
Dulcius ex Asperis| Whitefang's | Fidelis ad Agrippa
Cuan War Priestess | Manager, Port Luna Live | Praetor, The Republic
Melanctha

IGN: melanctha
Lineage: Demarchis-Cuan
OOC: Liz

Postby ophelia » October 8th, 2015, 10:21 pm

Melanctha wrote:Can we have a list of typical cards this interest me a lot but idk what is typical.

Or perhaps let others pick for you and why, if you're interested?
| |A G R I P P A| |
| |L O K A S O N| |
ophelia

IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason-Agrippa
OOC: M

Postby Anders » October 8th, 2015, 10:27 pm

ophelia wrote:
Melanctha wrote:Can we have a list of typical cards this interest me a lot but idk what is typical.

Or perhaps let others pick for you and why, if you're interested?

Here is a really good website to use for the different cards and basic understandings of what they mean!

http://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/

As for picking for other people, I was hoping for it to be a little bit of a character-building thing, or at the very least, to give me the opportunity to learn more about characters and incorporate little almost-Easter Egg-level touches to the cards.
Last edited by Anders on October 8th, 2015, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
familia . supra . omnia

character sheet
Anders

Postby Lyra » October 8th, 2015, 10:28 pm

Lyra- The Star

Upright: Hope, spirituality, renewal, inspiration, serenity

Reversed: Lack of faith, despair, discouragement

The Star card shows a naked woman kneeling at the edge of a small pool. The woman holds two containers of water. She pours the water out to nourish the earth and to continue the cycle of fertility, represented by the lush greenery around her. The other container pours the water onto dry land in five rivulets, representing the five senses. The woman has one foot on the ground, representing her practical abilities and good common sense, and the other foot in the water, representing her intuition and inner resources, and listening to her inner voice. Behind her, shines one large star and seven smaller stars, representing your chakras. This represents a need to open your chakras and cleanse your aura. Notice all the stars have eight points. The Star is associated with the number 17, which equals 8 (1+7=8). Eight is Strength, the quality needed to accept your faults and love yourself in spite of them. The bird in the tree in the background is the sacred ibis of thought, roosting in the tree of the mind. The astrological sign of the Star is Aquarius.

I say this, after actually reading the meaning of the card (Because the star isn't represented as the star in my tarot cards), because Lyra has hope and faith that with the renewal of her life, yet she lacks faith in herself as a person and only sees what is the now, instead of what is the future. She also struggles with her depression and the despair that her family ins't around. She is often discouraged by herself, yet still in all of the adversity she faces in herself, she still sees hope, and walks with strength into the night every time she opens her eyes.

List of Major Arcana

That's the Wiki...

Edited because I'm a nitwit and didn't think about my answer. >.> It's been a long day.
Last edited by Lyra on October 9th, 2015, 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lyra

IGN: -Lyra-
OOC: KatieKat

Postby Amari » October 8th, 2015, 10:39 pm

From our earlier chat! :D
This is a great idea and it would be so cool to see the characters drawn out and symbolized with all the Tarot!

High Priestess
Upright: Intuition, Higher powers, mystery, subconscious mind
Reversed: Hidden agendas, need to listen to inner voice

The High Priestess represents wisdom, serenity, knowledge and understanding. She is often described as the guardian of the unconscious. She sits in front of the thin veil of awareness, which is all that separates us from our inner selves. The High Priestess knows the secret of how to access these realms. She represents spiritual enlightenment and inner illumination, divine knowledge and wisdom. She has a deep, intuitive understanding of the Universe and uses this knowledge to teach rather than to try to control others. She generally appears in a Tarot reading when you need to listen to and trust your inner voice.
[...]
Reversed can signify that you are not listening to your inner voice and may need to take time for reflection and meditation. It is as though your intuition is calling out to you but for some reason you have switched off and are no longer really listening to what your subconscious is trying to tell you. The reversed High Priestess also suggests in a Tarot reading that you are normally an intuitive person who is connected with your inner self but in recent times you have lost this connection. You may be rushing around and worrying excessively about external issues and other people’s problems that you have lost focus on your own needs. You are not listening to your inner guidance anymore and this is leading you further astray.

Amari is a Daeva, which within Zoroastrianism (religion) means False God/dess (and after controversies, potential mistranslations etc) also means demon. She's lived among the realm of gods and has the knowledge of how to take one to where they can gain intelligence they seek. She withholds it, however, due to past circumstances of misdirection, torture, and now running from it. Now other than trying to survive "normally" she tries to accomplish her own goals. Amari struggles with herself, people's whispers, and that itchy paranoia, while trying to accept and realize her own feminity, ignoring what her subconscious (which is attune to her power source, and notably very limited currently) is trying to tell her.
Basically... I feel like she in her own way characterizes the positives people could obtain and the negative people are afraid of, as she's in her own swivel between upright and reversed.
Last edited by Amari on October 9th, 2015, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amari

IGN: Mahila-Daeva
Lineage: Sherazi

Postby Melanctha » October 8th, 2015, 10:48 pm

I would love to participate in this :) But even reading the articles. I have no freaking idea what I'm doing. lol

Message me and we can chat? <3 I think this is really creative
Amazeballs art by Aimee
Melanctha

Postby Dolly » October 8th, 2015, 10:51 pm

This is interesting and I love it :D

Dolly - The Sun
Dolly is always about optimism and integrity. She does not harm those without cause and lives her unlife with as much joy as possible. She is pure as she is a virgin, does not drink or smoke, does not curse, does not insult others, looks for the good in everyone. Through her battle between her subconscious animalistic instincts and conscious humanity, she's learned to maintain a balance between the two. She brings warm and calming energy to those with whom she interacts. Although, on the flip side, she can succumb to depression. Her internal struggles become to difficult to fight with and she falls asleep to allow her body to recharge or she stays in seclusion until she is ready to reemerge. She represents the purity, warmth, innocence, and fun, but also temporary depression which leads to lack of success.

Dolly

IGN: Dolly
OOC: Kit

Postby Vex » October 8th, 2015, 11:41 pm

Anders wrote:Vex - The Emperor

>.> Yep
FAMILIA SUPRA OMNIA

our home was built with devil's stone, crafted by an angel's hands
raised to shelter a soldier; stranger to these hallowed lands

IGN: Vex
OOC: Lyssa

Postby Liski » October 8th, 2015, 11:43 pm

I love Tarot and have considered doing the same in the past but it's all very subjective and I wouldn't know what to choose and I'm sure many fit for the few Major Arcana.
Sounds like fun and I'm sure it will turn out well!
BANNER BY MEGATRON
Liski
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

IGN: Liski
Lineage: de Vangeline
OOC: Lis

Postby Melanctha » October 8th, 2015, 11:44 pm

As per our discussion, Melanctha is best represented by the Queen of Pentacles.

Mel gives her love and advice freely, looking to help and mentor anyone who seeks it. She is a mother duck at heart, and strives to look after those whom she considers family and will defend them to the end. This card also suggests an independent person who can and does have it all (career, family, and love). I think Mel fits these fairly well, especially lately.

She is very driven and career focused. She works very hard. She also is generally down to earth.

http://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-me ... pentacles/

Thanks Kris!
Amazeballs art by Aimee
Melanctha

Postby Anders » October 8th, 2015, 11:48 pm

Liski wrote:I love Tarot and have considered doing the same in the past but it's all very subjective and I wouldn't know what to choose and I'm sure many fit for the few Major Arcana.
Sounds like fun and I'm sure it will turn out well!

That's true -- it is very subjective, and I'm sure a lot of people will want to reuse some of the Major Arcana. Honestly, however, I wouldn't mind doing multiples, as long as the cases are made!
familia . supra . omnia

character sheet
Anders

Postby Ezra » October 8th, 2015, 11:59 pm

Ez's fits him so well in SO MANY WAYS ugh
f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a
Ezra

IGN: Ezra
OOC: Micah

Postby Sahrimir » October 9th, 2015, 12:18 am

Trying to make Sah look like a hermit is going to be fun. >>
" Things just went wrong too many times. " - Tony Hancock
Andy's pain-in-the-ass BFF ~ Cliff's brat
Sahrimir

IGN: Sahrimir
OOC: Ondrea

Postby Tifereth » October 9th, 2015, 12:27 am

Tifereth - Death.

Death is symbolic of the ending of a major phase or aspect of your life that may bring about the beginning of something far more valuable and important. You must close one door in order to open another. You need to put the past behind you and part ways, ready to embrace new opportunities and possibilities. It may be difficult to let go of the past at times but you will soon see how important it is so that you can bring renewal and transformation into your life. If you resist these necessary endings, you may experience pain, both emotionally and physically but if you exercise your creative imagination and visualise a new possibility, you allow more constructive patterns to emerge.

Similarly, Death indicates a time of significant transformation, change and transition. You need to profoundly transform yourself and clear away any of the old in order to bring in the new. Any change at this time should be welcomed as a positive, cleansing, transformative force in your life. The death and clearing away of limiting factors can open the door to a wider, more satisfying experience of life.

Tifereth has found herself making changes to herself from the day she set foot in RavenBlack. Eleven years have been a journey and a constant transition - as Tifereth is someone who would rather innovate for betterment than sticking with unnecessary things for the sake of tradition. Similarily, she has always had issues with authority, and the percieved 'correct' thing to do. Sticking to the norms is not part of her character - and she will not allow them to stall her in the matters where she believes her course of action to be the correct one.
This also makes her a Chaotic Neutral character, and is part of her INTJ personality.

Here is her CS if you need more information.

By the way, love the idea!
House of D'dary
The Crimson Bitch
Салат латук

banner by the utterly amazeballs miss nicola
Tifereth

IGN: Tifereth
Lineage: D'dary

Postby AnnaMolly » October 9th, 2015, 12:48 am

Upright: Fertility, femininity, beauty, nature, abundance

I'd say Anna is the Empress. Beauty/femininity: She is very much concerned about her appearance. She takes care to look nice and clean, well put together. Abundance: She does everything in abundance (go big or go home. >.>) the good and the bad. Has several pets. Loves clothes, so she owns her own clothing line. Loves wine so she drinks bottles at a time. Nature: Anna pretty much lives in her gardens. Spent a lot of time in the woods in Greece and on the beaches.

I will admit... she isn't very fertile. She had a child when she was human but that story hasn't been fleshed out yet.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, 
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
AnnaMolly

IGN: AnnaMolly
OOC: Kayla

Postby Reyna » October 9th, 2015, 2:09 am

The Chariot
Upright: Control, will power, victory, assertion, determination

Reversed: Lack of control and direction, aggression

Sometimes, the Chariot asks you to come to terms with your own aggressive impulses. Aggression is part of human nature, part of your innate survival mechanism. Aggression cannot be simply suppressed; to do so will only turn it inward on yourself, leaving it to manifest itself in the form of physical illness. Aggression can be very destructive but it is also a powerful energy that can be channelled creatively. This is a time when you need to be the master of your emotions and curb any impulses or anger. You need to show who is the boss and achieve control of the situation but this will also require you to be in control of yourself.

One of Reyna's biggest downfalls, and one of her greatest strengths, is her will. Her lack of control and aggression frequently put her back farther than where she began, but once channeled properly and given direction she can move mountains to get what she wants. This inner struggle has been present in all of her victories and failures.
#WritersAnonymous | Banner/Avi by Seppuku | #CAPSLOCKCLUB
Master Vampire
character sheet
Reyna

IGN: Reyna
OOC: Andy

Postby virgo » October 9th, 2015, 7:57 am

So for me I identify 'the devil' with Drusilla (she can tell you if she agrees or disagrees) because "Upright: Bondage, addiction, sexuality, materialism Reversed: Detachment, breaking free, power reclaimed" <- Which are both major aspects of Dru for me.

The Devil often reflects actual addictions and dependencies in your life, such as alcoholism, drug-taking, unhealthy relationships, over-spending and the like. You think you need something and you are willing to go against what you know to be right and true in order to obtain it. You need to break free of these negative patterns of behaviour by acknowledging the hold that they have over you and the negative impact they are having on your life. Often they are behaviours that are immediately gratifying but which cause longer-term damage to your inner fulfilment.

As for as Virgo? I guess I don't know. Maybe the Wheel for no other reason then... Virgo's life is full of 'karma' like things - in that not only does fate mess with her, but I as well. How she handles it in the end doesn't matter - the wheel keeps turning. That's not to say that I think her card would 'be' the wheel, most people cards aren't major, they are minor, but with all the ups and downs and karma bullshit life and I put her through, I could see her there.

" Upright: Good luck, karma, life cycles, destiny, a turning point
Reversed: Bad luck, negative external forces, out of control "
Fluffy // Louvain
ImageImage
virgo

IGN: virgo
Lineage: Sonvar
OOC: Michelle

Next

Return to GFX & Art Gallery