Warhammer 40k (Figure Share)

Banners, poems, anything you consider art. Model Listing (Face Claims).
Forum rules
Malkavian wrote:9. Banner and Avatars
Dimensions:
Banners may be a Maximum of 550 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall.
Avatars may be a maximum of 125 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall.
Standard Post Images may be a maximum of 550 pixels wide x 550 pixels tall.
Content:
Banners must be kept within the site’s PG-13 limitations according to the RP Rules/Guidelines.
File Size:
Dial up isn’t really an issue anymore, but please keep banners around 200kbs.

Warhammer 40k (Figure Share)

Postby Anthony » December 25th, 2015, 9:17 am

So, spilling over from a different posting, I thought I would make this one so people could share their artistic and painting creations of their own Warhammer 40k Figures. I have a lot, so I will try not to take over the page ;-)
Anthony

IGN: Anthony

Re: Warhammer 40k (Figure Share)

Postby Anthony » December 25th, 2015, 9:28 am

So I play as Dark Angels, Reminds me of my Military Tactics with a mix of Brotherhood of Steel vibe!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony

Postby Anthony » December 25th, 2015, 9:48 am

Small Portion, I am just bad at taking pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony

Postby Sterling » December 25th, 2015, 8:58 pm

To be fair, I'm not going to post WarHammer...I'm gonna post WarMachine. :P
Once upon a time he had mercy.

Banner by my lovely Meg. <3
Sterling

IGN: Sterling

Postby Anthony » December 29th, 2015, 9:51 am

Sterling wrote:To be fair, I'm not going to post WarHammer...I'm gonna post WarMachine. :P

War-machine has some pretty bad ass figures too!!
Anthony

Postby Sterling » December 29th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Well since it's a better game... lol

Sterling

Postby Anthony » December 30th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Is there less confusion in the turns, or is it just as confusing?
Anthony

Postby Sterling » December 30th, 2015, 2:49 pm

No confusion at all. You make your turn, opponents turn, repeat. I found out last week from the 40k'ers here that they took the rules and real mechanics away from that game. I don't see how anyone can play a game that is table top and has as many pieces as 40K and has no rules.

WarMachine has three-quarters less doods, amazing game play and mechanics and the community is rapidly growing. Especially here in Florida.

Here is the site http://privateerpress.com/. It's Warmachine and there is Hordes. I play both...Cryxx and Circle. There are -so- many other factions to choose from. The models aren't as amazing as in 40K but that's because Privateer Press isn't models based, it's game based. They take pride in a good game before they take pride in how their models look.

Sterling

Postby Anthony » December 31st, 2015, 9:07 am

Sounds pretty good. I have seen a few of the War Machine models and they are not bad, and less expensive. And if the turns are that easy, that makes it even better.

WarHammer has three Phases per turn, which always confuses me. 1) Movement Phase, basically moving 2) Shooting Phase, Firing Weapons 3)Combat Phase, close combat and such. Seems simple, but then they go into even deeper, like, if you don't move in Movement phase you can fire long distance weapons, but then you use your shooting phase. Then if you want to move farther, you lose your Shooting phase and have a chance to get killed by Overwatch and you lose half your force if you roll bad. Just seems like so much going on that in my opinion a lot is lost in translation.

Mostly because you have beginners playing more advanced players and the advanced players mop the floor with them simply because they know all these little unknown rules that are hidden in the text for special abilities that wipe out a strong Army. I dunno, I may have to look a little more into WarMachine.
Anthony

Postby Sterling » December 31st, 2015, 3:14 pm

None of that made any sense. It's not logical.

Check out Warmachine. There are no phases in turns. Every model has an activation, they activate and do their entire activation at once. Then it goes onto the next model. The great thing about that is the size of your army. People usually start out playing the game at 15 points...in my armies I play...that's four models for Cryxx and four models for Circle. Of course, that depends on the faction you choose.

It's so much more simple and it's more squad based and less army based. Tactical vs Strategic.

Also, there is the blessing of having to deal with less god awful terrain. We got this neoprene terrain that is so light and easy to pack away. Watching the 40Kers pack up all their crap amuses the pants off of me.

Sterling

Postby Xedanis » December 31st, 2015, 5:19 pm

Anthony wrote:Mostly because you have beginners playing more advanced players and the advanced players mop the floor with them simply because they know all these little unknown rules that are hidden in the text for special abilities that wipe out a strong Army.

I feel your pain! I used to play Chaos Space Marines a few years ago and half the reason I quit was because I always had to play against Dave The Grey Knight Man, whose answer to everything was "I win because Grey Knights."

The other reason of course is because the models cost a bajillion dollars for 10 pieces of moulded plastic.
Rodargo - Dahlia - Kee - Amora - Jessi - Max - Evie
Banner-low job by Adan <3
In shame and sorrow recast; by fire and shadow, reforged
Xedanis

IGN: Xedanis
Lineage: None
OOC: Adam

Postby Anthony » January 1st, 2016, 8:06 am

Yeah, the Models are expensive. I just go to Ebay and get eh models of people that have basically given up and just want to get rid of them. I have gotten some awesome deals. Main reason I am still playing, well, attempting to play.
Anthony

Postby Anthony » January 1st, 2016, 8:09 am

Sterling wrote:None of that made any sense. It's not logical.

Also, there is the blessing of having to deal with less god awful terrain. We got this neoprene terrain that is so light and easy to pack away. Watching the 40Kers pack up all their crap amuses the pants off of me.

Dude the Neoprene Terrain is awesome! Expensive but awesome. $100 a mat, but still,very universal and can be used any where
Anthony

Return to GFX & Art Gallery