Banner Compliments

Banners, poems, anything you consider art. Model Listing (Face Claims).
Forum rules
Malkavian wrote:9. Banner and Avatars
Dimensions:
Banners may be a Maximum of 550 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall.
Avatars may be a maximum of 125 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall.
Standard Post Images may be a maximum of 550 pixels wide x 550 pixels tall.
Content:
Banners must be kept within the site’s PG-13 limitations according to the RP Rules/Guidelines.
File Size:
Dial up isn’t really an issue anymore, but please keep banners around 200kbs.

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Tifereth » April 6th, 2016, 1:28 am

Anyone willing to actually talk about this without pointing fingers and behaving like adults, the OOC section of chats is being used as a place right now to actually chat this over. Please and thank you and sorry, 'Los. I know you don't like the OOC fuckery - and I can whole-heartedly assure there was NONE intended.
House of D'dary
Image
The Crimson Bitch
Салат латук


banner by the utterly amazeballs miss nicola
User avatar
Tifereth
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 11:05 pm
IGN: Tifereth
Lineage: D'dary

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Malkavian » April 6th, 2016, 1:34 am

I will say this, the banner of the shark, it is mocking someone else' work. No matter how much time and effort is put in, or who owns the picture. They still thought of it, they still put the text in. I don't care how you want to argue it, that's not cool. If there is a banner that offends someone, I expect you all to have enough respect to take it down. "Buy a sense of humor" is not what you should say, we are all adults, no?

This is the OUT OF CHARACTER section, as I am sure you've noticed. If you cannot treat each other respectfully, you don't belong here. I am just about done, this is a very stressful time. Given I know none of us are getting the necessary sleep, day by day during this war, our brains may not be functioning properly, but this is not acceptable behavior.

Think about this, every time someone misbehaves, guess who hears about it first. Me. The more you guys do this, the more stress it's going to put on me, I do not need it. So that being said, disciplinary actions WILL be taken.

This is my FIRST and FINAL warning. Any person(s) that decides to be disrespectful to another person in an OOC form on this forum will be receiving a ban. This will depend on the severity of the offense.
Annabelle
Image
House of Lateralus | Order of the Serpent
Novus Ordo Seclorum
Cult
User avatar
Malkavian
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 930
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 7:16 pm
Location: Steel and 55th
IGN: Malkavian
Lineage: Lateralus
OOC: Los

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Gaberiella » April 6th, 2016, 1:53 am

So let me say this, I feel as if this will fall on deaf ears, however I will make an attempt here. The mock banner is a forum of bullying in my eyes, it was a joke a mean joke to be specific. Seeing what people are saying already this is why me as a player does not roleplay publicly, I stopped posting up my banners for opinions and feedback because I never get it anyway. Then things like this happen, which let’s be honest why would I want to deal with things like that, why would anyone. This is all an art forum no matter how big or small.

What happened tonight did upset me, and I have debated posting a single word, why because does it really matter. The fact that I feel like others are making fun of me and mocking something that took me A LOT of time to do. Something that I didn’t even think people would like because I have never done anything like this before, and then to have it mocked yes that is upsetting and hurtful. I am a human being, my age and maturity have nothing to do with it. I am a human with emotions as we all are. I have not made an attack to any player in this game. I have never been anything but kind to people here.

I do not write publicly or speak my mind because of moments like this. Because of the mentality that has been happening on this game. It should be a safe place for people to role play, to allow their imagination to flourish. Not a place where the people behind the characters attack, belittle, disrespect and resort to bullying tactics when things don’t go their way. These things are why many people have so many issues with this game, why the activity dies, why no one likes to role play in public. Because of moments like this.
Image
User avatar
Gaberiella
 
Posts: 166
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 10:22 pm
Location: Epineux Manoir
IGN: Gaberiella
Lineage: de Bouillon
OOC: Jess

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Tifereth » April 6th, 2016, 3:08 am

Nikolai wrote:
Congratulations asshole, you're officially part of the problem.



So me telling someone to take a nap and buy themselves a sense of humour AND A BANNER, is offensive, but this isn't.

Okay, Carlos.

Apologies for that apalling show of disrespect towards Nikolas' writer, and you, for bringing you stress.

That said:

Apologies in behalf of the D'dary OOC group to Jessica/Gabi's player. I am being a hundred percent honest when I say that never in a million years we thought that this would reach the level of OOC conflict it did. It isn't, and wasn't, intended that way.
We've explained the reasoning in lenght in the OOC room, and I'll repeat that it was in no way intended to mock the ability used for or the art itself. It was wrong, and Jessica should've been reached privately before the banner was posted it in any way, shape, or form - and I take FULL responsability for that, as I should have advised our artist to contact Jessica before allowing a posting.
We as a group feel ashamed and deeply regret that you've been hurt by this, and in no way we mean for you to be driven out of the community - whether it's IC or OOC. It was not malicious in the slightest, and we apologize profusely for the mistake.

Micah has already offered numerous times to take it down, and now has. Once again offer our deepest regret on hurting Jessica's feelings - as well as lil's player, if she has also felt like she was disrespected or bullied for this.

Thank you, and good night.
House of D'dary
Image
The Crimson Bitch
Салат латук


banner by the utterly amazeballs miss nicola
User avatar
Tifereth
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 11:05 pm
IGN: Tifereth
Lineage: D'dary

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Nahm » April 6th, 2016, 7:35 am

Holy fuck. Should I just...I'm gonna just...

I'm saying my apologies, too.
| THE SUN |
Image
당신은 우산이 필요
Nahm
 
Posts: 293
Joined: June 7th, 2015, 2:51 pm
IGN: Nahm

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Scarecrow » April 6th, 2016, 8:15 am

Nikolai wrote:
Congratulations asshole, you're officially part of the problem.


No you are. Stop it. All they did was make a damned banner.

ETA: Spoke to Jess/Lili. Faith restored but still severely disappointed in how this was handled/started.
Last edited by Scarecrow on April 6th, 2016, 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Once you've seen the freakshow you can't unsee it.
User avatar
Scarecrow
 
Posts: 553
Joined: April 24th, 2013, 12:18 am
IGN: -scarecrow-

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Dragos » April 6th, 2016, 8:33 am

For what it's worth, as an unaffiliated and largely uninterested third party:

I think it is far more damaging to the community to have these kinds of conversations in public, where potential new members can see them. I've not been sorted into a usergroup just yet, and I saw the whole thing when I hit the 'new posts' link.

Maybe there should be a place where inflammatory conversations can be stashed so the relevant parties can be contacted privately for discussion?

I only suggest it because I know if I were legitimately new to Raven Black, I'd nope right out after seeing some of this.

Also. I thought the banner was cute. I can see why the banner maker might be offended, but it's up to her to contact the person who made the mock banner and say 'Hey, that's kinda hurtful, could you take it down?'

Because mock graphics happen all the time. Political cartoons? My point is that it's difficult to understand intention when it comes to a graphic. Especially online. Some people take that kind of thing seriously - and others don't. I don't think it's necessarily fair to say 'You're wrong for feeling this way', on either side.

Just chalk it up to perspective and move on. The original graphic maker weighed in, apologies were given. That should be the end of the discussion.

So in the heart of moving on, I really really love the original alliance banners for the Ferrymen, Ankh, Republic, and Agrippa. I'm not sure if there are other groups represented that I missed, but I admit to clicking around, trying to find more of them because the execution is fabulous. Like damn.
Image
User avatar
Dragos
 
Posts: 4
Joined: April 5th, 2016, 5:20 pm
IGN: Dragos

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby xGABRiELx » April 6th, 2016, 8:50 am

To bring the thread back on topic because honestly this issue should have been handled in a private pm and now since the site owner is treating to ban people over it let's get back to our regularly scheduled program.

Wanna know what banners I feel are fucking amazing? Which ones I see and they got me all
Image
Well let me tell you!

Who ever made this one
Image
The banner is simple (not saying it was simple to make just wanna be sure no one says I am being offensive) but the flow of it is simple. All it is pretty much is her face and aesthetically it's very pleasing. I like the hint of blood on the lips. Not sure if that was part of the model photograph used or added later. It it was the latter I hate you because it looks perfect. But this banner is one of my favorites.

Who else do we have on the list? Well Gee reader of this thread I am sure darn tooting glad you asked!
LOOK AT HERRRR
Image
ALL of Tifereth's banners that I have seen are amazing and the reason why is in character (And granted I've only see like one side of the character) Tifereth comes off as a bad ass bitch. Every time there is a Tifereth banner the model looks like a bad ass bitch. Like someone who would punch the woman at Starbuck in the face for getting her order wrong or something. Now I don't know if that's because the model's face always looks like that or if the makes of them have to like dig thought a million of pictures to find a perfect Tifereth face but it's amazing keep up the good work.

WAIT THERE IS MORE
Image
Look at those rounded corners. So pleasing to they eye. The model's face is the focus and your eye goes to it. It's not confused about flashing lights or anything like that. Very well done~
Sterling|Rile|Maura

Image
Image
Journal|Character Sheet|Dragqueen Hooker

ING:xGABRiELx
User avatar
xGABRiELx
 
Posts: 314
Joined: December 24th, 2015, 2:38 pm
IGN: xGABRiELx
Lineage: House of Dork
OOC: Hampton Del Bearface

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Sam » April 6th, 2016, 10:15 am

xGABRiELx wrote:Who ever made this one
Image
The banner is simple (not saying it was simple to make just wanna be sure no one says I am being offensive) but the flow of it is simple. All it is pretty much is her face and aesthetically it's very pleasing. I like the hint of blood on the lips. Not sure if that was part of the model photograph used or added later. It it was the latter I hate you because it looks perfect. But this banner is one of my favorites.



Thank you! :D
I was trying to use the "fog" on the left side as an abstract representation of her hair, since the model in the original image had her hair tied back and from what I know about ophelia, she has wild hair, so I tried to make it look like wild, loose curls, while still showing the city in the background!
I wish I could say I did the blood drop, but it was already there on the image I was given! (Adan and Wolf are both REALLY good with adding blood, just FYI. They've done some amazing additions in the past that look ridiculously natural.) I was actually asked to make this graphic using this image a few years ago, but I couldn't get it to work for me at the time. All I did to the model was elevate the overall color of her and then edit her eyes so they were a brighter blue and not green, but still a natural color and blend. I played with lighting so it was more dramatic, because for me, in the original, it was pretty dull, as was the overall color pallet. (imo)
You can view the original image I worked from here!
t h i s ˙ i s ˙ a ˙ r e v i v a l Image h o u s e ˙ o f ˙ d e m a r c h i s
Image
J U D I T
OOC tags: #WritersAnonymous | #CAPSLOCKCLUB | Character Sheet
Banner Request Form | examples of graphic work | Avatars
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 234
Joined: November 11th, 2015, 12:21 pm
IGN: Sam
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Aimee

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby MoonGirl » April 6th, 2016, 10:54 am

I've spent a lot of time staring at that banner! Nice work.
Image
Moon Girl Demarchis
Dil's Treasure / Ani's Moonpie / Dama's Spacegirl / Opi's Ladyface
Fidelis ad Agrippa

Sig By Sam
IGN: Moon Girl - OOC: Lee
MoonGirl
 
Posts: 471
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 1:24 pm
IGN: Moon Girl
Lineage: Agrippa
OOC: Lee

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Azeara » April 6th, 2016, 1:05 pm

xGABRiELx wrote:WAIT THERE IS MORE
Image
Look at those rounded corners. So pleasing to they eye. The model's face is the focus and your eye goes to it. It's not confused about flashing lights or anything like that. Very well done~


This is nothing special. I have made thousands of these. I just straight up stole images from Deviant Art and put them in to a cookie cutter I set up. Each one took me less than a minute. They are all posted on the bite and path.

Thank you though. It's nice to see that after years they are still enjoyed.
Deylin's Princess
Image
Azeara
 
Posts: 120
Joined: March 27th, 2015, 7:39 pm
IGN: Azeara

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Lachrymose » April 6th, 2016, 1:09 pm

Image

I am not biased just because I love the player - nope, not at all!

The Lach in me is all 'Thats my childe' and then he is wittling on about how amazing his childe is and I tune out while he pats his own back.

I've told you a million times how much your writing and art is amazing and I'll say it again - you were what inspired me from the second I started taking a keen interest in this game. You have been a consent for the 10+ years I've been playing - I am so glad you are back.
I am the monster you run from; the nightmare you fight and the demon from hell...you won't win.
Image
Bez potrzeby wymówka, gotowe oskarżenie. - A guilty conscience needs no accuser.
--------------
User avatar
Lachrymose
 
Posts: 114
Joined: June 9th, 2014, 8:53 pm
IGN: Lachrymose
Lineage: St.John

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Dragos » April 6th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Aww man. How did I get so lucky as to know cool people like you. <3

Thanks. I really appreciate all of that, and you know you're my favorite.
Image
User avatar
Dragos
 
Posts: 4
Joined: April 5th, 2016, 5:20 pm
IGN: Dragos

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Tifereth » April 6th, 2016, 7:43 pm

dude the flames effect on his arm is INSANE awesome
House of D'dary
Image
The Crimson Bitch
Салат латук


banner by the utterly amazeballs miss nicola
User avatar
Tifereth
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: January 7th, 2014, 11:05 pm
IGN: Tifereth
Lineage: D'dary

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Delphine » April 6th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Tifereth wrote:dude the flames effect on his arm is INSANE awesome

I 100% agree. Great job.
Image

Image
User avatar
Delphine
 
Posts: 664
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 7:24 pm
IGN: Delphine
OOC: Emm

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby NikkiDoll » April 6th, 2016, 7:54 pm

xGABRiELx wrote:Who else do we have on the list? Well Gee reader of this thread I am sure darn tooting glad you asked!
LOOK AT HERRRR
Image
ALL of Tifereth's banners that I have seen are amazing and the reason why is in character (And granted I've only see like one side of the character) Tifereth comes off as a bad ass bitch. Every time there is a Tifereth banner the model looks like a bad ass bitch. Like someone who would punch the woman at Starbuck in the face for getting her order wrong or something. Now I don't know if that's because the model's face always looks like that or if the makes of them have to like dig thought a million of pictures to find a perfect Tifereth face but it's amazing keep up the good work.


:3 tahnkyouuuuu
IGN:Nikki-Doll. OOC:Nicola.
Image
Childe of Liz.
When love is not madness, then it is not love.


User avatar
NikkiDoll
 
Posts: 508
Joined: May 15th, 2015, 2:27 pm
IGN: Nikki-Doll
Lineage: Maldetto.
OOC: Nicola

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Seppuku » April 10th, 2016, 11:26 am

Image

There's something about the box that just ties everything together.
The sparrow's crow.
Image
Der Metzgermeister
Seppuku
 
Posts: 390
Joined: April 20th, 2013, 3:04 am
IGN: Seppuku
Lineage: Dragosee
OOC: Megatron

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby RyanJR » April 10th, 2016, 11:57 am

Seppuku wrote:Image

There's something about the box that just ties everything together.

ffffff mm god it's so good
THERE'S NOTHING I CAN'T SOLVE WITH DUCT TAPE AND CONSTRUCTION PAPER
Image
MISSING IN ACTIONBRAIN SPITCHARACTER SHEET
User avatar
RyanJR
 
Posts: 60
Joined: January 9th, 2016, 6:10 pm
IGN: RJ

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Vex » April 10th, 2016, 12:23 pm

Seppuku wrote:Image

There's something about the box that just ties everything together.


All the yes.
FAMILIA SUPRA OMNIA
Image

our home was built with devil's stone, crafted by an angel's hands
raised to shelter a soldier; stranger to these hallowed lands
_________________
CHARACTER SHEET
User avatar
Vex
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: April 24th, 2013, 8:27 pm
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
OOC: Lyssa

Re: Banner Compliments

Postby Sapphira » April 13th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Image

This is excellent and all I am thinking about is interview with a vampire now. Amazing.
Banner by Chelle, Avi by Aimee
حتى لو العاصفة تعصف فوق رأسي با قاتل حتى النهاية
Image
Kiia's Sand Bird
User avatar
Sapphira
 
Posts: 106
Joined: June 10th, 2015, 5:48 pm
Location: Amethyst and 18th
IGN: Sapphira
Lineage: Sparrow
OOC: Liz

PreviousNext

Return to GFX & Art Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest