Breath of Life [Mel]

This area is where you can have you character somehow wander into the city, here they will be walking through the city streets, unaware of the fact they stepped into a city full of vampires. Watch the Alleyways.

Re: Breath of Life [Mel]

Postby Raine » October 25th, 2016, 7:02 pm

When Mel pointed out that just because she didn't see a monster didn't mean that one wasn't there, Raine smiled a little. "I suppose that's a good point." She agreed, though she still doubted that Mel was a 'monster'. Or at least, not the bad kind, if monsters could be categorized as good or bad. "So many people these days seem to hide behind masks.. It's hard to know for certain who someone really is." She commented then with a soft sigh. Raine hadn't gotten to know many people as growing up her grandmother had kept her fairly sheltered. But she had still gotten to experience enough of human interactions and relationships to know that very few people presented themselves for what they really were these days. Which, in all honestly, was still probably for the best. If everyone showed their true colors, she imagined that the world would be an ever darker place than it already was.

"Oh?" She inquired, looking back to Mel as the woman mentioned what receiving 'the gift' could do. Raine didn't know why, but she liked the way Mel referred to becoming a vampire. It added a sense of mystery and intrigue to the world. "So it enhances abilities that already exist.. as well as giving someone the opportunity to gain new ones? Ones that belong specifically to vampires?" Raine asked, wanting to clarify. That would make sense. If powers already manifested in human form, she didn't see why they wouldn't carry over to another form, even if that form was the undead. She wondered what would happen if she had the gift.

And just like that, Mel seemed to have read her mind. Raine couldn't believe what she was hearing. Mel was offering to help her, whether it be accompanying her to find out what happened, or offering her the gift which might increase her powers and ultimately still help her find the answers that she sought. Raine's eyes widened in surprise. "That's a generous offer." She pointed out. "Both are." She added, before she glanced down. "I.. I really don't know what to say." She admitted. It wasn't just that she was caught off guard. It was more than that. Mel cared about her well-being, something that Raine wasn't used to. She felt her blue eyes cloud over, though she did not let the water escape from them.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so emotional. It's just that no one, aside from my grandmother, and maybe my parents at one point, has ever cared about me before." She explained, hoping that Mel would understand. "I do want to know what happened to them." Raine affirmed. "But I'm honestly not so sure that I have the strength or ability to find the answers on my own." She confessed, shaking her head a bit. "You say that if I become like you, that there is a good chance the abilities I already have will be enhanced.. That could help me find the answers that I'm looking for." She began then, finally looking back to the woman. "I understand that there's no guarantee." Raine added. She wanted Mel to understand that she was taking this offer seriously.

Raine took a deep breath, and then continued. "To be honest, Mel, there's really nothing left for me. Not where I came from, or in the city where I was born. Not until now, that is." She revealed, managing a small smile at the end. "Perhaps this is what I was always meant to do. Find you, and become like you, I mean." She mused then. Raine was a big believer in fate, even if it was silly. She met the woman's gaze, held it for a long moment, before she finally gave her answer. "If it's not too much to ask, I would like to take you up on your offer. I would like to become like you."
Melanctha + Daly + Duo + Dilectus + Sam + Xedanis
Raine

IGN: Raine
OOC: Leah

Re: Breath of Life [Mel]

Postby Melanctha » October 30th, 2016, 12:54 am

Mel placed her arm over Raine’s shoulders as she listened closely to the woman’s words. She understood the emotions that the human was projecting. Everyone needed a place to belong, and perhaps Raine saw this as her chance. Mel herself had wished she found some of her own kind earlier as she was abandoned in a cave by her maker. It would’ve made those formative years much easier and perhaps less bloody. Based on what Mel was hearing, Raine was seeing this as an opportunity to start fresh in addition to learn more about her legacy in this city.

“As I said there are no guarantees.” Mel started as she tried to explain a touch further. “Many of experience a heightening of senses, rapid healing, and many other enhancements of our bodies that make us superhuman.” She mused, sort of going over everything in her head. “It does have its curses as well, so don’t think it’s going to be just sunshine and roses afterwards,” the Grecian warned. Outside of the detractors her own blood had, the lack of sunlight and being more or less allergic to food that sometimes sucked the fun out of immortality for some people.

“I want you to be perfectly sure that this is what you want. Contemplate on it. This cannot be undone or cured, so I want you to sleep on the decision. If you wish to go through with it, come upstairs to my room tomorrow evening.” Melanctha smiled at Raine and gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. “You’ll know what’s right, or what the Sisters have spun for you.” The sisters she spoke of were the fates, always weaving sight in seen for each person. She was already convinced that it was her own fate to be as she is now because it allowed her to better serve Her in the world. With that said, mel turned and headed back into Raine’s room to leave to head up to the top floor of the hotel eager to see what the woman’s choice would be.
Amazeballs art by Aimee
Reyna's Ice Queen | Praetor, The Republic
Dulcius ex Asperis
Melanctha

IGN: melanctha
Lineage: Demarchis
OOC: Liz

Previous

Return to A Phantom Haunts the Shadows.